Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,385 users have contributed to 42,295 threads and 255,061 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• That settings constrains the latency compensation, so it makes sense that timing would be out of whack.

• That's intuitive enough... even for me. I think I turned it on just to see what happened [^o)]. Oh man was it messed up; not only timing but the whole sound of the applied effects was just... wrong.

Does the DP function do something else though? Edit: wait, I can't read so well. It appears 'ADR' refers here to VE Pro and not neccessarliy some option in DP.

(I'm following this as I have DP and might resort to it if this MAS protocol can work for VE Pro in a way that Logic/AU cannot'; so is this a problem with DP's implementation of one protocol or another, I wonder)

• last edited
    last edited

@Gianna said:

Does the DP function do something else though? Edit: wait, I can't read so well. It appears 'ADR' refers here to VE Pro and not neccessarliy some option in DP.

(I'm following this as I have DP and might resort to it if this MAS protocol can work for VE Pro in a way that Logic/AU cannot'; so is this a problem with DP's implementation of one protocol or another, I wonder)

Hi Gianna, well, sometimes it's hard for me being clear and precise, since English it's not my first language. Anyway when I mentioned ADC (not ADR), I was referring to DP's Auto Delay Compensation, the one that you find in "Studio Settings". And yes. me too I'm waiting impatiently for the MAS version of VE PRO to be released! 😉 Arceo

• I would also like to voice my support for a MAS version.. My orchestestal templete for professional film scoring is currently 20 instances of Kontakt 4 loaded in Bidule.  I was excited to incorporate VE Pro into my system, but then learned of the 16 MIDI channel AU limitation. 

If I understand this correctly I would have to open 20 instances of the server interface on my DAW machine,  instead of just one large VE template??

What I found dissaopointing about this, is that I felt this limitiation was not clearly stated in the manual, or website ads, as everything stated that you could load VI's as VST's... I figured this isn't a big deal as I could just load Kontakt as a VST plug in.. I didn't realize VEPRO dosen't support VST on a mac.. maybe I'm not understanding that correctly, please correct me if that's not correct..

If a MAS version can not be created, would there be a way to "unlock" the VST support in VE PRO on a mac on a future software realease? 

• +1

ipMIDI/MIDIoverLAN/IPC-MIDI in an offline (non-realtime) bounce situation simply will not function.

In an ideal world, Apple would update the AU spec to overcome the MIDI limitation which would fix both Logic and DP's issue.... But something to do with hell and ice, and pigs with wings...

• last edited
    last edited

@Karel said:

We're looking into the technical feasability of this. Stay tuned.

I see the new version of VEPro is out with no mention of MAS. Just wondering if this is still being looked into or if it was decided to be not feasable.

Thanks!!

• Hi magnumpraw,

it´s still on the to-do list. Some adaptations are not trivial, but we´re doing our best!

Thanks for your patience,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • +1, yes, that would be a real potential workflow enhancer ...!

Thanks for listening at VSL and for your precious time.

Tom

• +1, we definitly need a solution ! 

2 more questions : I use up to 11 or 12 AU VE Pro occurences in DP 7.21 working with a slave PC.

PC behaves fine and solid, but the Mac CPU is often overloaded, DP becomes instable and DP files are getting very heavy. 

1) I would like to know how much 12 VE Pro occurences impact the Mac CPU instead of 1 ? 

2) DP files can grow up to 40MB instead of 4MB without VE Pro pluging, is it normal ? 

Thanks for your answer and support. 

Jean-Philippe Goude

Composer

• +1 I know you guys are working hard to deliver this. The CPU hit we are taking is a big roadblock for us DP users. Thanks for your efforts!

• +1 Hi, I join the band of people suffering for the cpu impact of multiple VE-PRO occurrences (average of 8/10 per song) in DP 7.22, hosted in a i7 PC slave... Thank you at VSL develop team for your efforts, we DP users will be VERY grateful when the MAS plugin will be released... Cheers :) Arceo

• That would be great! +1 on MAS development or any other way to bypass the AU limitation. Adonis

• Hi Paul,  

Have you any news about VE Pro5 / DP 7.24 MIDI multiports compatibility ? 

I know youare doing your best, but we are all waiting since such a long time ! ...

BTW, I just bought VE Pro5 but haven't find the way to download it. 

Thanks, 

Jean-Philippe Goude 

composer