Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,738 users have contributed to 42,255 threads and 254,897 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 4 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• Me too.

• +1

• last edited
    last edited

@Karel said:

We're looking into the technical feasability of this. Stay tuned.

Any news, hope or teasers?

• bump,

Any news on this VSL?

• Hi everybody,

as Karel said, we´re listening [:)]

And as you know by experience: We´re fast [;)]

The main focus is now on getting rid of these minor bugs with the new Vienna Instruments PRO right now, so we thank you for your patience in advance. We haven´t forgotten your request.

Thanks for your patience,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Understand that you guys are CRAZY busy.

Just wondering if there were any tidbits of news or movement on this since last month?

Thanks!!!

• Just adding my +1 to the request for MAS support to allow mutiple MIDI banks access to VE Pro inside DP.

Thanks for the phenomenal software!

• +1,000,000.

• I've had good results using IPMidi with VEP. www.nerds.de Add one VEP instance use up it's 16 midi channels up and then use the IPMidi channels which have a limit of 20 (x16) midi channels. You need to first add the Ipmidi channels in a standalone instance of VEP in the "options" tab. Cheers, Bolla

• yeah, midi over lan works for that too, but you miss out some key features. The main one being the plugin delay compensation which is HUGE.

• last edited
    last edited
    First of all I join the band asking politely for a MAS version of VE PRO!!! An then...

@magnumpraw said:

yeah, midi over lan works for that too, but you miss out some key features. The main one being the plugin delay compensation which is HUGE.

I know that I'm going a little OT, but It'll be fast. Since I'm a fresh owner of VE PRO, yesterday I run some tests regarding latency. And I discovered that in DP 7.2.1 with Auto Delay Compensation on, when I changed the internal buffer size (64-128-256-512-1024)or the plugin buffer (1-2-none) I got different latencies. I thought that ADC had to handle with latency but I discovered that it didn't, and the higher the buffer size was set the bigger the latency I was getting and even the jitter somehow tended to increase. Is there anybody who run similar test and what are their results. TIA Cheers Arceo

• Were you testing with prerecorded MIDI or live triggering? With live triggering there is no way to get around extra latency gained by setting the plugin buffer higher.

ADR may not be exactly precise (I've never tested it against itself at different buffer settings), but I've done some tests comparing VEPro MIDI and external MIDI (MIDIOverLAN) on my own and the VEPro MIDI way better than using some form of external MIDI if you are say, setting the VEPro plugin buffer to 0 while playing live and then back to 2 for playback to ease resource use.

• Using the VE Pro Server Interface plugin, latency is reliable and jitter free by design. However latency compensation depends on the host as well. AU hosts tend to require a start/stop of the transport (or worse) to properly recalculate latency compensation.

External MIDI (which includes solutions like MoL) can never achieve sample accurate and jitter free MIDI. It could get close, but it is flawed by design in this regard.

• last edited
    last edited

@Karel said:

Using the VE Pro Server Interface plugin, latency is reliable and jitter free by design. However latency compensation depends on the host as well. AU hosts tend to require a start/stop of the transport (or worse) to properly recalculate latency compensation.

External MIDI (which includes solutions like MoL) can never achieve sample accurate and jitter free MIDI. It could get close, but it is flawed by design in this regard.

Exactly....

/crosses fingers for good news coming soon

• last edited
    last edited

@magnumpraw said:

/crosses fingers for good news coming soon

+1000000

• last edited
    last edited

@magnumpraw said:

Were you testing with prerecorded MIDI or live triggering? With live triggering there is no way to get around extra latency gained by setting the plugin buffer higher.

ADR may not be exactly precise (I've never tested it against itself at different buffer settings), but I've done some tests comparing VEPro MIDI and external MIDI (MIDIOverLAN) on my own and the VEPro MIDI way better than using some form of external MIDI if you are say, setting the VEPro plugin buffer to 0 while playing live and then back to 2 for playback to ease resource use.

Well, I did test it with prerecorded midi. Precisely with 4 bars of a Bass Drum midi triggered every quarter. Every notes were quantized note on and note off and with consistent velocity value of 127. I freezed the track and I was surprised to find that the resulting audio track were not precisely on the downbeat as expected (ADC had to take care of it). Only then I freezed more tracks trying different buffer setting and, to my dismay, finding that the delay wasn't consistent but it worsened on higher buffer setting and that not every quarter were delayed of the same amount, showing some jittering effects. That's why I asked if somebody had run similar test in DP 7.2.1. Tomorrow I'm going to go in a studio were they work with Logic and I'm going to ask them to do this test in order to check if this behavior is DAW related. I'll let you know the results. Cheers Arceo

• OK, here's the facts! I did the tests in Logic... No matter how the buffer was set, it turned out that the resulting audio tracks were the perfect clone one of each other. No latency and no jitter, at every buffer setting I always got the same audio track. Well that's what I was expecting when I ran these tests with DP... I don't know, maybe I'm doing something wrong, tomorrow I'm gonna run further tests. I cannot believe that VE Pro Automatic Delay Compensation work perfectly in Logic and is a complete failure in DP. I must be doing something wrong. I'll keep you informed, in the meanwhile, is there any kind soul who wants (no matter with which DAW)to run similar tests? TIA Arceo

• Most likely DP is doing something wrong. It would be interesting to see how it behaves with other latency inducing AU's.

• Hi. Don't know if this helps, but I turned on 'Constrain Delay Compensation' in Cubase for one (VE Pro) project, and the timing was ALL out of whack, all over the place.

• last edited
    last edited

@Gianna said:

Hi. Don't know if this helps, but I turned on 'Constrain Delay Compensation' in Cubase for one (VE Pro) project, and the timing was ALL out of whack, all over the place.

Yes it would be. Cubase doesn't suffer from the same issues as some other DAWs. It has fresh ones all of its own. [:D]

DG