Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,501 users have contributed to 42,303 threads and 255,089 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• HI Lubo

I have a Macpro 8 core 3 Ghz 16 GB  with a full orchestra loaded into memory with all the articulation available, I have SE plus + Appassionata + a few downloaded instruments

I use ONE instance of VE pro 64 bit standalone with 84 instrument loaded 

Today I use Logic with IAC to send my notes and my articulation changes to VE pro 64 bit

If I have in Notion an IAC'ed track will it send articulations changes to my VE pro standalone ?

How many IAC track can you have in Notion ?

Another point :

Today I route back the 24 audio track from my VE pro standalone to Logic (I use 3 OUT/IN ADAT)

In Logic I apply  correction on the tracks and a  5.1 reverb

Can I do the same with Notion ?

Thanks in advance for your answer

Best

Cyril

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Hi Cyril

"If I have in Notion an IAC'ed track will it send articulations changes to my VE pro standalone ?

How many IAC track can you have in Notion ?"

Yes, you need to configure NOTION SLE's MIDI ports to send to IAC busses, but the articulation keyswitches will be sent with the outgoing MIDI. This also means you need to use the same .fxp's that come with NOTION in the application receiving the midi to trigger those articulations.

"Today I route back the 24 audio track from my VE pro standalone to Logic (I use 3 OUT/IN ADAT)

In Logic I apply  correction on the tracks and a  5.1 reverb

Can I do the same with Notion ?"

If you want to do that in NOTION I would advice to launch the VE PRO as a VST inside NOTION instead of using it standalone. You can then access all of its stereo pairs by assigning Aux tracks from the NOTION Mixer (by clicking the '+' next to the VST button and choosing pairs from the VE PRO instance)Then you can use insert effects either on VE PRO channels or in the NOTION mixer.

Hope this helps

Lubo Astinov

• Hi Lubo

Thanks for your answer,

> "If I have in Notion an IAC'ed track will it send articulations changes to my VE pro standalone ?

How many IAC track can you have in Notion ?

How may "input tracks"  can you have in Notion ?

>"Today I route back the 24 audio track from my VE pro standalone to Logic (I use 3 OUT/IN ADAT)

>In Logic I apply  correction on the tracks and a  5.1 reverb

> Can I do the same with Notion ?"

>If you want to do that in NOTION I would advice to launch the VE PRO as a VST inside NOTION instead of using it standalone. You can >then access all of its stereo pairs by assigning Aux tracks from the NOTION Mixer (by clicking the '+' next to the VST button and choosing >pairs from the VE PRO instance)Then you can use insert effects either on VE PRO channels or in the NOTION mixer.

Correct me if I am wrong

If I do what you suggest  I have to wait 30 minutes to load a song containing my full orchestral template !!

The advantage of using a standalone VE pro is :

- you load it once a day

- If you buy more articulations you do not have to modify each songs

- Songs are very small and takes just a few seconds to load

- you have the 84 tracks of all your orchestra in one window (I have 4 x 24 " monitors where I spread my music desktop)

- you can move it to another more powerful computer using network midi or split it across computers without changing the songs

Do you have "transform" like in Logic where you can say :

If note length is <= xxx set it as staccato

If interval between note is <= yyy set it as legato

Best 

Cyril

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Hi! Do the changes to the matrix that I'm doing affect the matrix for all documents (also in the future)?
    Thanks,

Cesare 

• Is there any way to get external audio input to show up in Notion Mixer.

I'm using VEpro local but also  Mir on a second computer witch route it's audio thru spdif back  to my computer (running Notion). So far I use cubase as a host to gather both rewire Notion (slave) and Spdif In. But is there a more convenient way of doing so entirely thru Notion, or at least with notion as Master rewire?

Y-

• last edited
    last edited

@cesare.magri said:

Hi! Do the changes to the matrix that I'm doing affect the matrix for all documents (also in the future)?
    Thanks,

Cesare 

Hi Magri,

If you want to change the presets for all default documents, you can do that by opening the .notion files in your PluginData folder, opening the VSTi interface and changing the matrix there, than saving and closing the document.

Note: Make sure you backup this change so it wont get lost when you update.

The PluginData folder is located in :

C:\Program Files\NOTION SLE-VSL\Support\PluginData\VSL - For PC

and for Mac, right click the NOTION SLE icon in Applications and choose Show Package Contents, then go to

Contents/Resources/PluginData/VSL

Hope that helps!

Lubo Astinov

• last edited
    last edited

@Yanick said:

Is there any way to get external audio input to show up in Notion Mixer.

I'm using VEpro local but also  Mir on a second computer witch route it's audio thru spdif back  to my computer (running Notion). So far I use cubase as a host to gather both rewire Notion (slave) and Spdif In. But is there a more convenient way of doing so entirely thru Notion, or at least with notion as Master rewire?

Y-

Hi Yanick,

At this point there is no way to get audio into NOTION-SLE from audio inputs, unless you use it as a ReWire master. We do have plans on adding that functionality in the future.

NOTION-SLE works as a ReWire master, but I believe Cubase will not work as a slave.

Hope that helps clarify.

Lubo Astinov

• Hello  Lubo

Do you have the .viframe files for the complete orchestra using  VE PRO Server

Thanks

Cyril

•  Hi Lobo - How can I trigger the perf-leg from SE Plus and not the 'regular' legato?

Thanks

Patrick. 

• pBourke,

Just read page 11.8 in the N3 (SLE) user guide... (Hope it is the same page in SLE user guide)

In the Vienna instrument window Change patch in case 5A by the Perf-Rep Leg pacth.

You would find this simple...

If you have any question contact me by email, I'll be pleased to help as well as possible.

Alain

• Hi.

Wondering if it's possible to do this, or if there will be any problems if I try it.  Here's why I'd like to do it:

I'm using a program now (Notion3) that does a nice job of setting up Vienna Instruments and VE Pro.  I've got the Strings Plus, so the articulations are fine for me there.  I'd like to be able to integrate the several download instruments I have directly into the special edtion instruments, replacing and adding to the Standard and Extended articulations, if possible.

This way, I won't have to always go into a particular instrument, after loading a setup with VE Pro, and replace the Standard articulation with the Download articulations, one instrument at a time.

Thanks, either way.

• I just buyed the SLE. I have problem in the playback : the music stops and I have audio looping ( repite the same bar endless ), using NOTION SLE and VSL , chargin the VI sounds. I tried everything, change audio card, but no way. My computer have enough power, it's a I7 720. I don't know what's the problem, but I suppose that Notion not handle well the VST effect, I'm using 3 Altiverb instances on the bus A, B ,C. Can you help me ? Antonio C. Italia

• Antonio,

Which version of Altiverb are you using? If you remove Altiverb, is the problem gone? I have not been able to reproduce the problem you are describing so far, but maybe if you send me  score I may see what I can do to help you further. 

Lubo Astinov

P.S. Vienna Convolution Reverb is an excellent match for SLE, did you try using the Vienna Suite?

• I'm buying VSL SE+ next week, and am thinking of buying Notion.     It would be a nice feature (since you are planing on including support for the larger sibelius collections too) if it could automatically read from the syncrosoft key which libaries are installed and let you choose from those in the templates.

A plugin to adapt the shortcut keys to match sibelius would be amazing too! ... :)

also how much RAM is needed to load the entire full orchestra Template.

thanks

Harry

• Hello Lubo

How are you ?

Did you made any improvement on Notion SLE since we spoke a few month ago ?

Best

Cyril

• Hi VSL.

My first time posting here in the VSL Community Forum so please bare with me.

I am having severe problems with Notion SLE crashing.  It was working fine with just VSL Standard Edition Installed, but when I installed VSL Standard + Plus edition to add in articulations, that's when things  started to go south.  Before Notion SLE was stable using the standard library, but after I installed Plus Edition it crashes for no reason.  It ussually crashes when the flutes or clarinets play triils or the harp plays glissando and fast repititions.  I am suspecting there is some sort of memory leak to the software when it tries to play these certain articulations, if someone knows a fix for this please let me know here is PC Specs.

Video Card: 2x GTX 275 Sli

12 GB Ram Corsair 1333Mhz

Windows Pro 64bit

M-audio Delta 2496

Intel Core i7 920

• Hello Jgcomposer!

I don't know what could cause this problem, but the first thing I'd do in such a situation is to bring all involved software to it's newest version.
    That's Notion SLE. Updates can be downloaded here:
    http://www.notionmusic.com/support/downloads.html

Vienna Instruments and Vienna Ensemble can be downloaded here:
    http://www.vsl.co.at/en/68/428/1093.vsl

And the eLicenser Control Center can be downloaded here:
    http://www.elicenser.net/en/latest_downloads.html

I hope this helps in solving this problem.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

Hello,

This is Brian from NOTION Music's Technical Support. We do not know of any memory leaks in NOTION SLE VSL that could be causing this problem. More than likely, you are running out of memory on your system with the newly added articulations and this is what is causing the crash. Do you have Vienna Ensemble or Vienna Ensemble Pro installed on your system? In order to take advantage of more than 3.5 GB of RAM, you must use VE Pro. You can either set up VE Pro as a multichannel VSTi or you can use one of our templates that are built into the program. Please feel free to email me directly at support@notionmusic.com for any technical questions about NOTION SLE. You can also give me a call at 866-398-2994 and I would be happy to answer all of your questions in depth and help you get everything going. Here is a link to some of our video tutorials on our web site. http://notionmusic.com/support/tutorials.html Please pay special attention to the video on VSTi Multichannel. I look forward to hearing from you.

Brian

• Thanks Brian!

One little correction. It's also possible with Vienna Ensemble (not only with VE Pro) to use more than 3.5 GB RAM. Just run the Vienna Ensemble Serivce 64-bit before running Notion (or any other host) and the Vienna Ensemble plugin will connect to the 64-bit service.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hello

Notion 6 is now sold by Presonus and is availlable.

They do not propose an upgrade path for Notion SLE users, you must pay the full price.

THIS IS NOT FARE !

Should we BOYCOT it until they propose an upgrade path ?

Best

Cyril