Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,003 users have contributed to 42,272 threads and 254,970 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• From your report, it sounds like Kontakt Memory server crashes and causes the Kontakt instance to get stuck trying to communicate with the (non-existing) memory server. VE Pro in its turn waits for Kontakt to finish its call, but since it never finishes - it gets hung.

If you have any useful crash / hang reports I'd be happy to read them.

• last edited
    last edited

I have since been able to reduce these problems to an acceptable level by experimenting with the threading settings on the slaves. There seems to be no obvious logic as to how to set this parameter. However it seems that you can change this parameter "on the fly". In otherwords - no need to unload/reload.

Robert John Godfrey

www.theenid.co.uk

===============================================================================================

Cubase 5.10

Windows XP on DAW - 7 on slaves (dual and quad core respectivley)

• If it helps: make sure multi-processing is set to "off" from within Kontakt 4 - I was experiencing all sorts of similar problems prior to do this with logic 9.02, Kontakt 4 instances running on VEPro, on an early 2009 MacPro with 12 gigs RAM... - robjohn99