Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,360 users have contributed to 42,221 threads and 254,768 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 56 new user(s).

• Hi Vienna-Team,

at the moment you can only globally define the number of midi and audio ports for all instances (in the "preferences" in the Server Instances Window)

It would be great if you could define these settings individually for every single instance.

For example I have 8 instances. 7 of them only needs 2 midi port. But the last one needs 32 ports. My only choice is to define 32 midi ports for all instances. And that's a huge waste of resources/performance. Try to open a VSTi with 2 and one with 32 midiports in Cubase. The difference of loading time is enormous.

Best regards,

Peter

• I have small wish for the AU pluginGUI: add a scroll bar in the connection selector window. Scrolling with the arrows is quite slow on my setup.

And, if I understand working procedures correctly, it is imperative to disconnect all VE Pros before closing a project. (is this correct? I had bad results when I didn't) It would be great to have a function that disconnects all instances.

• You don't need to manually disconnect the instances before closing a project, why would you do that?

• last edited
    last edited

@petera said:

It would be great if you could define these settings individually for every single instance.

For example I have 8 instances. 7 of them only needs 2 midi port. But the last one needs 32 ports. My only choice is to define 32 midi ports for all instances. And that's a huge waste of resources/performance. Try to open a VSTi with 2 and one with 32 midiports in Cubase. The difference of loading time is enormous.

This is not obvious how to do and would complicate things quite a bit in terms of setup. It will stay like it is for now.

• last edited
    last edited

@MS said:

You don't need to manually disconnect the instances before closing a project, why would you do that?

I'm just guessing/trying to find out what works best. I tried not disconnecting in one project and I now have major bugs which I'm still trying to resolve: Some channels, mostly channels 4 and 8 do not play any more in VE PROs with contact loaded. This happens on 2 slave Macs. VE PRO receives the midi (little indicator blinks) but Kontakt does not seem to receive it. When I play notes on the Kontakt keyboard, the samples play though. It happened with LASS and other kontakt libraries; not with any VSL instruments on the 64 bit server. This behavior remains after shutting everything down and restarting; and using a new Logic project (to rule out a bug with the Logic song). Any insights on this would be a life saver for me right now.

• What samplerate are you at?

• initially at 44kHz, but like I wrote in the other thread, I tried at 48kHz just now and got the notes hanging and not playing bugs in K3.5. Might be a different bug, though. I keep guessing and trying to root out the causes like corrupted mframe, performances, Logic song, K3 instruments and instrument banks - all inconclusive for me so far.

• Just wait for the update, will fix all Kontakt issues.

• my prayers are with you [Y][8][co][B][<:o)]

• Hello

Can you highlight the key-switch keys like in Kontakt  ?[:D]

Fix the speed bug I have send this morning to support[:D]

Thanks in advance

Best

Cyril

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  •  Hi Martin,

Are you all working on interfacing with the IAC protocol so Mac users can route multiple sets of 16 midi tracks to/from the sequencer and VE Pro?  Looks like we are currently llimited to 16

• last edited
    last edited

@aplanchard said:

Are you all working on interfacing with the IAC protocol so Mac users can route multiple sets of 16 midi tracks to/from the sequencer and VE Pro?  Looks like we are currently llimited to 16

It is done already, and in testing. Our beta testers found some issues that could be improved, which I fixed today. Update should arrive *very* soon.

•  Great.  Thanks Martin (and beta testers)!

• Hi Martin,

One thing that I believe would be a benefit would be to have the ability to save channel strip configurations within VE PRO.  Similar to Logic but unlike Logic, save not only the instrument and plug-in settings but also the pan, sends and color.  This way if one has a template established, but wanted to swap out one instrument for another, complete setups of that instrument could be saved for an easy switch.

• last edited
    last edited

@Chuck Green said:

One thing that I believe would be a benefit would be to have the ability to save channel strip configurations within VE PRO.  Similar to Logic but unlike Logic, save not only the instrument and plug-in settings but also the pan, sends and color.  This way if one has a template established, but wanted to swap out one instrument for another, complete setups of that instrument could be saved for an easy switch.

That is in the todo list already.

• Excellent.  It would really be nice that ALL parameters are stored including bus sends and the amounts.  I questioned this with Apple and Logic a couple of years ago and they were against storing the bus sends and the values of sends.  For me, one that uses wet/dry ratio setups, one is not really saving an instrument/environment setup in a channel strip unless all the parameters are stored.  Sounds like your team is on the right track with this one.  Thanks for the reply.

• About the meta files, I would like them to be fixed.

Saving/recalling the meta files from VE Pro server 64 bits works fine. But there is a bug with the 32 bits VE Pro server. When you doble click such a metafile that contains Kontakt instances, it gives you a loading error. This error happens only when you doble click the meta, because if you open the meta from the server ir opens fine all the kontakt instances.

I found out that such 32 bit server meta files, when you look in the file info, open with, it alows you only to be opened with the 64 bit VE Pro server. I think that is a bug and should be fixed with the new update.

txs

• I think it is not really a bug - since the operating system can only automatically open a file with a specific extension with one application (unless some specific workarounds are done).

I'll change the format name so a file that has been saved with a 64-bit instance will be called ".mframe64". This will still be possible to load in a 32-bit instance, but then the loading has to happen happen manually, from the file menu.

This will not come with the new update, but rather with a following one - since the current update is frozen awaiting positive test results from our beloved beta team.

• Rewire support would be nice (Reason over Lan, imagine that...)

• <You can place your favorite default metaframe in your startup folder (in OS X, it ́s the Login Items 

defined in your accounts, see below), so that all samples and settings are loaded up when you come 

back from your morning coffee! >

So if I understand it right, what you say in the VE-Pro manual is not posssibe at the moment if you want to load this way a 32 bit metaframe file, right?:

This will not come with the new update, but rather with a following one

Do you have an idea of how long we will have to wait for that

best