Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,152 users have contributed to 42,278 threads and 254,995 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 57 new user(s).

• There is a very handy (and free) app called MemoryCell that puts a little icon in your Mac's menu bar and shows what the currently focused program's size in RAM is. This is very useful to watch your memory consumption in any 32-bit programs (DP, VE PRo 32 bit server, etc.) The magic number is between 2GB and 2.5GB. Anywhere past that, and most 32-bit programs will crash. It's not compatible with Snow Leopard though, unfortunately.

You can find it here:

http://rogueamoeba.com/freebies/

• I read this in another thread, from a poster who has just loaded the new (Snow Leopard) eLicenser: "I wanted to start both 32bit and 64bit Server automatically and then I get a message that no license is found."

As some of this thread revolved around the automatic launching of 32 and 64 bit simultaneously (which was prompted by the eight instance limit), I thought I'd carry on the conversation here. 

If anyone has tried the new (Snow Leopard) eLicenser, perhaps the experience can be shared here. Personally, i don't want to get caught up in the trouble-shooting again until at least a few report that it allows dual, automatic launch. 

• Works the same as before (i.e., it doesn't).

• I would also like to know the answer to Robert Kral's question:  in the 32 bit server, Kontakt will address

its own memory server and effectively bypass the 4 gig limit?   (although re-reading his post, Steffan seems

clearly to say this is the case.)

Thanks.

• The 8 connected instances per server limit has been upped to 32 for next release (should be plenty).