Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,200 users have contributed to 42,282 threads and 255,007 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 66 new user(s).

• I am currently using my internal soundcard because there is no driver for my studio card yet for Snow Leopard and it performs like a champ.  I have used the internal card many times over the years.  Apple did a great job with that internal sound card.  However, if you have an extra Motu you might like that better for latency etc.  I would try both and see the results.  For me, I didn't see much difference in performace but I got lots of additional control through the mixer software that my external came with.  It made channel routing simplistic compared to internal routing.

Either way they will both work.

Maestro2be

• To finish up my posts from earlier. So far everything works! (Except the minor bug about not being to use plugin inputs 13/14) Play runs fine in VE Pro slave machine. The crash in Pro Tools mentioned ealrier has been resolved. No more crashes. Everything's butter! This is what I'm talkin about! Woo Hoo.

• Everything seems to work Perfectly here.

Still I wonder, In my host mixer i'm getting two band of audio output for each pair. So instead of having say 1-2 has a one stereo band, i'm getting 1 and 1.5 on two bands. this is really crowding up my mixer (double all the bands).

Sorry for the lack of proper terminology btw. But is there anyway of setting up something to have stereo band back. (My usual VSL ensemble gave my one stereo band for every two output).

Just wondering..

• I don't really understand much of this. Bands?

• last edited
    last edited

@MS said:

I don't really understand much of this. Bands?

I knew it was'nt the Proper term. I'm guessing Strips is better then Band. Here i'll show you instead

There. with multiple instance running it really crowd the place up.

• Yeah, STEREO Pairs. Sorry. [:$]

In fact 1.5 is Mono (left channel) and 1 is strereo, but only play right Channel.

• a bit off topic.. but i'm about the buy ensemble pro, but i don't have my dongle near (and don't know the serial of it), so do i get a mail with activation codes which i can use when i get back in the studio?

• Yes, you get the licence code emailed to you which you can then put onto your dongle(s).

• thanks

• last edited
    last edited

@Yanick said:

I knew it was'nt the Proper term. I'm guessing Strips is better then Band. Here i'll show you instead 

There. with multiple instance running it really crowd the place up.

Which host software is this?

•  that's the very vintage V-stack 1.2

I'm using it thru Overture, since Overture have VERY limited VST mixing ability. Also because i need to use Altiverb 32bit over the 64bit VE.

Why, does cubase and the other host give you single Stereo strips?

Y

•  I also get the same problem with Cubase Le 1.0.7.

2 strips, One strereo (for right channel only) and one Mono (for left channel) For every single Stereo pair I enable.

I see in the PDF manual some picture of a Cubase mixer with reasonable "One strip for one stereo pair" assigment. Look like cubase 4 or 5. Is my softwares hosts (Cubase le 1.07 or V-stack 1.2) are just to Old to display VE pro stereo outputs decently?[*-)]

• Yanick, yes, I guess it is about time to upgrade...