Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,465 users have contributed to 42,228 threads and 254,805 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@phasemusic said:

How do i upgrade from VE 3 to VE Pro, i can't see an option antwhere ?

go to USER AREA - SOFTWARE - Vienna Ensemble PRO, download and install (make sure no Vi / VE is running or loaded)

hth, christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Hi jazzhole,

it is really unfortunate that we do not currently support EastWest PLAY in Vienna Ensemble PRO.

We are working on a solution for this, together with our colleagues from EastWest. Thanks for your patience!

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi jazzhole,

it is really unfortunate that we do not currently support EastWest PLAY in Vienna Ensemble PRO.

We are working on a solution for this, together with our colleagues from EastWest. Thanks for your patience!

Best,

Paul

Im sure youll get it sorted soon, otherwise ve pro is a stellar solution for all my different plugins. :) 

• At last! I love the new interface look!

I am a bit confused, though. Or possibly blind.

Using the 64-bit Server i can only load some apple effects, not the Vienna Suite ones, which according to the manual, should be 64-bit.

How can i load channel strip settings? i wanted to try out the Epic Orchestra template but could't find out how.

I am using the current version of Mac OS X Snow Leopard.

• Yeah I got that error message with EWQL Play. Works in the 32bit VE Pro verson for me though, just not 64bit.

Paul

• Becuase of YOU VSL - my current client will be getting less than I was planning. [:P] Must DL and work on this.   Really excited about this one.

Rob

• Congratulation to VSL for this amazing piece of software. I'm just wondering if it's possibleto send automation data from VE Pro to Logic, in touch, latch or write mode. Automation works as expected from the host to VE Pro and It's far better than the last version wich whas not automateble. I understand that we can't have every special features in the first built. Are you planning to offer feature? Or is it only in Logic that it dose'nt work? 

BTW VE Pro is becoming the core of my DAW since I can now load every Virtual Instrument into it. I will use Logic for audio recording and mixing only. This software is changing my life.

Thanks for your hard works.

Fred

• last edited
    last edited

@Johannet said:

Using the 64-bit Server i can only load some apple effects, not the Vienna Suite ones, which according to the manual, should be 64-bit.

How can i load channel strip settings? i wanted to try out the Epic Orchestra template but could't find out how.

Hi Johannet,

We are currently testing the 64-bit version of Vienna Suite for OS X, should be released soon [:)]

The channel strip settings are in a special VE PRO project that should be online soon, including a short demo midi file by Christian Kardeis.

=> Make sure to have Vienna Suite available, be it as a permanent license or a demo license.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Is VE Pro 64 only able to load 64 bit VIs? It's not recognizing Omnisphere after rescanning of VST directories. I did have a crash when I first loaded Kontakt 3.5 with an older gig file. Loaded Kontakt first, then loaded Solo Strings staccato and it froze. Restarted the program and it hasn't crashed it but I'm still fiddling around. Thanks

• I don't know the answer to that question however, have you tried using "both" at the same time (a session of 32-bit and a session of 64-bit)?  Put your 64-bit plugs in that and your 32-bit ones inside a 32-bit.  I would be really interested in hearing if that worked or not.

Maestro2be

• last edited
    last edited

@cgernaey said:

I don't know the answer to that question however, have you tried using "both" at the same time (a session of 32-bit and a session of 64-bit)?  Put your 64-bit plugs in that and your 32-bit ones inside a 32-bit.  I would be really interested in hearing if that worked or not.

Maestro2be

hey! I didn't even think about it like that! Think they'll both run at the same time? I'll try it. Report back in a few.. gotta let the dogs out and smoke a cig. Good idea dude!

• Yep. It works. Got both 32 and 64 bit running at the same time. Somebody earlier in the thread said they got PLAY working but only in 32 bit? Is this true? I'm installing all the 32 bit version of my PLAY libraries and they're not working in 32 VE Pro. I haven't updated to 1.2.5 yet cause I can't seem to download it right now. Keeps finishing at around 3 mb when the update is like 170.

• last edited
    last edited

@morphlite said:

Yeah I got that error message with EWQL Play. Works in the 32bit VE Pro verson for me though, just not 64bit.

Paul

Do you have both 32 and 64 bit version of Play installed? Im trying it out right now but it's not working for me.

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi jazzhole,

Best,

Paul

Hey Paul, I was able to load my EW Play 64 version into VE Pro. I never tried loading the 64bit versions because it was said that it's not compatible. I assumed the 32 bit worked because someone here said it worked for them. I couldn't get the 32bits to work. Anyways after several hours of playing around with the the new features, I said what the heck... let's load one and see what it says. A pop up titled "Could not find default plugin" appeared. In the body of the message read: "Play could not find its default libraries on your system. Please download the latest Play update at http://support.soundonline.com/play" I clicked OK and boom! The gui loaded up. I said to myself "This can't be right". So I clicked on the browser and started loading instruments. I loaded 7 Play instruments on the slave machine and had them routing back into Pro Tools. Placed random midi notes and looped it to see if I would get errors upon playback. Didn't get any. Odd thing was that I couldn't assign "Plugin Input 13/14" in Pro Tools. It wouldn't let me. I would select it but nothing would happen. So I just skipped it and went with 15/16. The only problem I encountered: Pro Tools all of a sudden froze when it was trying to Save a back up file. I rebooted and opened up the same session again. I tested out the 13/14 input thing and it still wouldn't let me. I cleared out all the inputs and did the track select CTRL+ALT+SHIFT input method hopnig all inputs would be assigned in sequential order. It stopped at 11/12. I tried to select input 15/16 (Because 13/14 just wouldn't work) and now 15/16 can't be selected. Weird. So I skipped that and selected 17/18. Played the loop again... Ctrl S several times while it was playing. Didn't crash. I started zooming in and out as it was playing and hit Ctrl S and it froze again. Apologies if this should go straight to support or whatever, but I thought I'd let you and the community know... Thanks

• last edited
    last edited

@morphlite said:

Yeah I got that error message with EWQL Play. Works in the 32bit VE Pro verson for me though, just not 64bit.

Paul

Do you have both 32 and 64 bit version of Play installed? Im trying it out right now but it's not working for me.

If I remember rightly I specifically ticked to install both 32bit and 64bit VST's when I installed the Choir and EQWL Orchestra.  (I'm using this on a 64bit Vista Core i7 Slave btw) It does always give the "Can't find default libraries" on start up though

Cheers

Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Johannet said:

The released version of the Vienna Suite does not contain any 64-bit architecture plugins for Mac. We are currently testing the new Suite release for Mac, which includes the 64-bit architecture. It should be available any day now. Remember - before VE Pro there has been no host that supports 64-bit on Mac.

• last edited
    last edited

@FredB said:

Congratulation to VSL for this amazing piece of software. I'm just wondering if it's possibleto send automation data from VE Pro to Logic, in touch, latch or write mode. Automation works as expected from the host to VE Pro and It's far better than the last version wich whas not automateble. I understand that we can't have every special features in the first built. Are you planning to offer feature? Or is it only in Logic that it dose'nt work?

Thanks for the kind words!

Regarding automation, we currently do not support the "touch" mode automation. The automation parameters are just sent to VE Pro, there is no communication channel going back from VE Pro regarding the touch of sliders etc. Since we have to transport all of this information over network, it gets a bit more complicated than for a simple AU plugin 😊

We are looking into getting this done for a future release however.

• last edited
    last edited

@cgernaey said:

I don't know the answer to that question however, have you tried using "both" at the same time (a session of 32-bit and a session of 64-bit)?  Put your 64-bit plugs in that and your 32-bit ones inside a 32-bit.  I would be really interested in hearing if that worked or not.

This is exactly how we intended it to work. A video should be up very soon, explaining some of the more advanced tricks of VE Pro.

• That's why we love you guys! The 64bit version on 10.6.1 performs like magic!

• Hello all,

Couple of things...

(1) I had EWQLPianos playing just fine last night on my slave PC Vista 64 bit and no major problems except the initial missing plug in screen.

(2) I'm also running a mac laptop slave (Intel 2.0 ghz with 2 gig ram - Snow Leopard)  and I'm not using a sound card, just the built in apple sound card.  Is this a bad idea?  I did have some problems last night running Reaktor (Native Instruments) as the sound after a while would crackle and then the sound would not stop, I had to close the channel to get it to stop.  So... can I use the built in apple sound card or should I use a firewire audio interface like a motu 828 (which I have an extra of)?  

Thanks for including the older macs in this software!  That was a big help.