Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,320 users have contributed to 42,292 threads and 255,048 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• yeah most of my samples, even my giga format VSL samples, would be "foreign" I never jumped on board the VI bandwagon and now of course it's too late unless I win the lottery.

• Heya Jay,

You did an awesome work on it. I wonder if you could post the diferent files (if logic or cubase etc)? I know its a bit like ask a magician his trick but i think it would be good for try with MIR and also for see the diferent pluging you could have use like vienna suite or others and ho you used them. I i will use myself as an exemple, i am not an technician and use the diferent plugins is not that easy and can see how they are used in a piece like that would make learn a lot i think.

Thanks for make that great job it show us the great things we can do with VSL ^.^

Gilles

• Hello Gilles,

if you take a closer look at the demo page, there's a button saying "Downlad Tutorial" at the right. :-)

HTH,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Heya Dietz, 

I know i have dowload it :P but i was more talking about the others plugins and diferent VSL stuff he used. Or did he only use MIR as plugins and nothing else? 

Thanks ^.^ Gilles

• I only used MIR-- but within MIR itself I used a few instances of Vienna Suite plugins.   Also on the final output of my sequencer I used one instance of the Vienna Suite Multiband Compressor with Dietz's preset  "Impress your client"   That's it.

So with the MIR project files and midi file you should be able to reproduce the same performance and sound.  

Speaking of the performance,  I decided to completely redo the tempos of the Adventures on Earth demo.   The new version should be up in a few days.

Best,

Jay

• Heya Jay,

Thanks a lot for have take the time to answer and can't wait to listen with the new tempo ^.^

Hilles

• I have had this piece running through my head for the last week as a result of this.  Unlike a sappy pop song, it is wonderful to have something like this stuck in your head.  It reminds me of how great a composer John Williams is.  I love the way this music outlines in melody the chromatically shifting harmony so vividly, and the way he put into the melodies the "soaring" quality by having huge leaps everywhere.  What an awesome piece of music, and it fits the film flawlessly! 

• last edited
    last edited

@JBacal said:

[...] I used one instance of the Vienna Suite Multiband Compressor with Dietz's preset  "Impress your client" [...]
    Honour to whom honour is due - this is one of the presets one of my favorite mastering engineers, Martin Scheer, created for the Vienna Suite (including the name). :-)

• Jay,

Approximately how long did it take you to create this mock-up? I'm still learning when it comes to midi orchestration and perhaps this is a question for others as well, but for this particular demo how much was step recorded vs performed realtime? I'm assuming only very fast/complex lines would be step recorded or do you just slow the tempo down far enough to perform the part?

Thanks much!

Jeff

•  I've just uploaded a new version with a faster tempo map, and some minor MIR mixing tweakings.

best

Herb

• Heya,

The new version is pretty nice! Its pretty interesting to see the diference btw 2 tempo even if not a big diference.

I think now the debat will be more about the diferent taste of persons ^.^

The 2 version stay big performance showing what we can get out of VSL and MIR.

Now waiting for a version for mac :P

Cya ^.^

•  Hey there, what string library did Jay use?? Sounds amazing... I think there were muted cellos at around 4:50 .. I am right?

• Herb,

Can you give more details on the "MIR mixing tweaks"?

Richard

• This demo doesn't open for me in MIR.  I was hoping to get some MIR files to see how you setup the stage and instruments.  Any chance of getting some please?  Anyone willing to share some of their MIR stage setups and instrument files?  I will be sharing mine once I get some of them setup.

EDIT 1 - umm actually something bigger is going on because I can't even open the projects I created on the Trial Version of my own projects.  I guess that needs to be sorted out as well :)!  Going to open anothe thread about this problem though to not waste threads on here.

Thanks,

Maestro2be

• I listened to this again today.  All I can say is with the limited time I have to work on sampling my music, the amount of work required to do a mockup like this is just unreal.  I cannot believe how stunning this sound is.  You really knocked this one out of the ballpark Jay.  It is as good as any commercial recording you could probably find.  It is so real, I actually feel like I am 12 years old again watching ET at the drive in theater.  In front of a 100 foot screen.

I frequently visit competitor sites to see what's new and listen to all the "new and amazing new oh my god let me make the world think they need our new string library" demos and it just blows my mind how much better the VSL sound is.  Our demos are simply no comparison, not even the same stratosphere.  I have a limited budget so I try to shop around to make sure I get exactly what I need, and only what I need.  I see so many other companies coming out with new string libraries and such, using all new technology etc.  And yet, the demos are HORRIBLE!

I would like to think it is because we have the best sounds to work with period.  But some of that I think is because we are also the best musicians and engineers out there :P.

Maestro2be

• No doubt about the part with the best musicians! :-D

... but joking aside - thanks for the kind words. Highly appreciated!

Kind regards,