Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,378 users have contributed to 42,392 threads and 255,499 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 63 new user(s).

• I work with : Windows XP professionnal x64 Intel Xeon CPU E5420 2,50 GHz, 16Go de RAM I need a lot of tracks because for each instrument, I don't use only one track ! With woodwinds ( 2 vienna ensemble ) and strings ( one vienna ensemble ), I use 2 tracks for each instrument. One track for legato and an other for different articulations. With Brass ( 3 vienna ensemble ), I use 4 tracks for each instrument, one for legato, another for different articulations, another for speed performence, and a last one for dynamics. With percussion ( 2 vienna ensemble ).

•  Do you keep the VE GUi open, or do you close it?

DG

• Sorry, I don't realy understand your question :(

•  I'm not sure I can be much clearer, but I'll try. [;)]

Do you minimize the window of VIE when you are working, or do you close it by clicking the cross at the top right of the window?

DG

• Oh, sorry, my 8 different vienna ensemble are minimized on the bottom of the screen, under cubase. They are not closed.

• last edited
    last edited

@Titi said:

Oh, sorry, my 8 different vienna ensemble are minimized on the bottom of the screen, under cubase. They are not closed.

Close them, and see if that makes a difference.

DG

• OK, I'll try this tomorrow morning. It's almost midnight in France :) Thank you for your help, I tell you tomorrow if it's the solution. David.

• No difference when I close the vienna ensemble windows. The solution is to many vienna ensemble ! With 8 VE I have bugs, and with 7 VE it's all right :) David.

• last edited
    last edited

@Titi said:

No difference when I close the vienna ensemble windows. The solution is to many vienna ensemble ! With 8 VE I have bugs, and with 7 VE it's all right 😊 David.

OK, so let's see if we can find a way to slim your template, whilst losing nothing.

You say you have separate tracks for legato/staccato and a few other things. Is this separate MIDI tracks as well as separate VI Instruments?

DG

• Last message for me on this question. I have found the solution : 7 Vienna ensemble, 100 VSL tracks ( most of the time 2 tracks for each instrument with a few or a lot of articulations, X-fade or not X-fade ). Thanks for reading and hellping me. David.

• I'm glad that you found a solution. I often have two instruments in VE fed by 1 MIDI track. This helps to keep the number of instances down, as you can have as  many Instruments as you like (sort of) in an instance of VE; it's the number of MIDI tracks that is limited to 16.