Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,500 users have contributed to 42,303 threads and 255,089 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 56 new user(s).

• Hi Errikos

Sorry if I got your hopes up for nothing. I had just been referring to the early Mac Pros which I had read in a few forums would need an upgrade to run any 64bit apps. Thankfully Martin and Christian put things straight, well fortunately for me anyway.

Would your iMac be of no use to you as a Logic Node machine?

Colin

• No problem Colin, I had given up on that machine anyway, but since you ask and others may also be interested, I had asked Christian (cm) that very question long time ago when I was in the market for a Mac Pro, and his reply was that I would be better off working on the one big machine exclusively rather than using the iMac as well, as a Logic node. Do you think differently? I also own a 2.16GHz Intel Core2Duo iMac if that would make a difference... Ideally I would like to put one or both into some musical use if that would mean better performance overall.

• Christian knows his stuff Errikos and I've only ever had one Mac at a time, so I can't say what benefit you might get. There would certainly be no harm  in trying.

I notice in the AU Manager that both Altiverb and Vienna Suite are available though I have no idea yet whether VS would still be available if used in VE Pro ( still to download it and purchase Snow L ). The minimum requirement for a node machine I believe is a single 1Ghz processor so your 2.16 could theoretically take a fair bit of load of your main macs cpu.

Hopefully CM or one of the team can give you the "Truth"!

Colin