Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,327 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• vienna ensemble pro

hello,

before to buy.. can you developp a little this subject:

"Add to that the new mixer automation of Vienna Ensemble PRO and how about other vsti and third party plugin.."

Perhaps some screenshots?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Dup

• Hello Dup,

VE PRO is still in development. We are fine-tuning a lot of things, also the GUI, so that we can give you a rock-solid software [:)]

It will take at least one more month before VE PRO is ready to be released, and we will give you more information once we are ready!

Thanks for your patience,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  •  Hi Paul.

I hope to see microtuning option before I become old![^]

Shakuman.

• I just installed the demo of VE3 and it's working like a charm. Can't wait to get VE Pro into my hands. Seems to be the holy grail for network driven daw setups.

Thank you very much for your great work!

Stephan

• last edited
    last edited

@shakuman said:

Hi Paul.

I hope to see microtuning option before I become old!

Shakuman.

I guess that will be a VI update. 

Fritz.

• Hi There, My first post on the VSL forum. But to me not a verry unimportant one. I wrote it to the VSL team but got no answer back, so it was on Gearslutz. My question is about the third party plu-in facillity that is in VE PRO. Am I able to load a kontakt 2 player engine into the VSL engine and run it 64 bit outsite Logic.. I do not mean the complete sample library but only the engine that is used to play libraries like VIR2 HD Legends and Gallaxy 2 piano. If so, than it wil be a much cheaper way to run the kontakt 2 engine outside my DAW then to buy a ful Kontakt 3 libray. That would save a lot of RAM. Looking forward to have your answers. Greetz, Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@flute26 said:

Hi There, My first post on the VSL forum. But to me not a verry unimportant one. I wrote it to the VSL team but got no answer back, so it was on Gearslutz. My question is about the third party plu-in facillity that is in VE PRO. Am I able to load a kontakt 2 player engine into the VSL engine and run it 64 bit outsite Logic.. I do not mean the complete sample library but only the engine that is used to play libraries like VIR2 HD Legends and Gallaxy 2 piano. If so, than it wil be a much cheaper way to run the kontakt 2 engine outside my DAW then to buy a ful Kontakt 3 libray. That would save a lot of RAM. Looking forward to have your answers. Greetz, Paul

I can't answer any of this, but it seems to me that there are four main questions here that need to be answered:

1. Can you run VE PRO in 64bit on OSX?
    2. Is there a Kontakt 3 64bit plugin (there will be no K2 64bit plug)?
    3. If not, can VE PRO bridge from a 32bit VSTi within a 64bit VE PRO instance?
    4. If so, do the 32bit plugs all share the same memory space, or is on a "per instance basis"?

I hope that this helps to clarify things a bit.

DG

• Hi DG, Thanks for your answer. Now I am not some new one that just starts with making music. So I'll let you know what I do know allready. 1 According to my info you can run VE PRO just as VE 2.0 64bit under OSX. 2 There has just been a public beta release of kontakt called 3,5 that runs for the full engine and library 64bit. What I've explained is a situation where I only run instruments that come with the 2,0 player engine. The question depends on the third party hosting that might be able to play this engine within VE PRO. 3 The answer will be the same a explained above. Because at this moment I do not know if there will be an update for the player 2 engine also. If they are oing to update the player 2 engine to one that runs also 64bit then this problem is solved. 4 If kontakt 2 player engine runs within VE PRO it uses the RAM of the VE PRO engine that is opened. That will mean that you can run less instruments out of the VSL librarie. Bus a second opened VE PRO will use again a new memory buffer of about. 4 GB Still a lot to answer, and maybe some of VSL can climb in here Greetz, Paul

• Any tip when it will be available?

• And any answer to my questions above ?

•  There will be a VE2 64 bit OSX version.

best

Herb

• Hi Herb.

There seems to be a bit of confusion, not least from myself, over whether a 64 bit VE2 or Pro will overcome the memory limitation in OS10.4 and 5, or is it dependant on installing Snow Leopard?

Cheers

Colin

• Hello Colin,

overcoming the memory limitation does not rely on Snow Leopard.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thanks Paul

That is good news! Cheers..

Colin 

• last edited
    last edited

@flute26 said:

Hi There, My first post on the VSL forum. But to me not a verry unimportant one. I wrote it to the VSL team but got no answer back, so it was on Gearslutz. My question is about the third party plu-in facillity that is in VE PRO. Am I able to load a kontakt 2 player engine into the VSL engine and run it 64 bit outsite Logic.. I do not mean the complete sample library but only the engine that is used to play libraries like VIR2 HD Legends and Gallaxy 2 piano. If so, than it wil be a much cheaper way to run the kontakt 2 engine outside my DAW then to buy a ful Kontakt 3 libray. That would save a lot of RAM. Looking forward to have your answers. Greetz, Paul

I can't answer any of this, but it seems to me that there are four main questions here that need to be answered:

1. Can you run VE PRO in 64bit on OSX?
    2. Is there a Kontakt 3 64bit plugin (there will be no K2 64bit plug)?
    3. If not, can VE PRO bridge from a 32bit VSTi within a 64bit VE PRO instance?
    4. If so, do the 32bit plugs all share the same memory space, or is on a "per instance basis"?

I hope that this helps to clarify things a bit.

DG

The notes I have with VE is that each instance of a 32-bit plug hosted in VE can use 2.4 gigs of RAM under OSX. The question about a K2 player might not have the same answer as, "Kontakt 2" will not be a 64-bit vsti. Kontakt 2 is wholly superseded by Kontakt 3. K3.5 is @ 64-bit. I have some Kontakt 2 players/instruments which use Kontakt 3 technology, so it's a good question.

Kontakt 3.5, as a plugin, using Kontakt Memory Server, I think will use an independent memory address apart from the host.

EDIT: I am currently using K3.5 public beta. The KMS does its own memory thing, and amazingly well. Here, on an 8-core machine, it manages memory in multiple threads, completely evenly. It also appears to use virtual memory extremely efficiently, so if you have a lot of RAM, you have an awful lot of RAM in this case.

• Thanks DG, It keeps me busy still, now that the release will not be far away. On the gearslutz forum they have a same sort of thread. It seems the average meaning is that it might be a best buy to be able to run more RAM outside a DAW. Allthough I got an answer from NI that the player2 engine will also get the same features as the whole 3,5 version. That program works indeed with it own RAM adress. Some say that VE PRO is able to run the player2 engine allthough it is a 32 bit plugin. But that answer is not confirmed yet by any VSL or NI engineer. Greetz, Paul

• My idea is to use my MacBook Pro for the DAW, in my case Cubase is a 32-bit app for mac, and will be for a while, and VE Pro hosting VI and K3.5 on this Mac Pro with, much RAM. A 32-bit DAW can't use more than the 4GB in that notebook.

Unless, there's some limitation on a 32-bit vsti in VE Pro. For instance, I'm heavily using BFD2, which can use some RAM... I mean I could LAN port the midi into standalones here from the MacBook, but it's less than elegant I think.