Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,152 users have contributed to 42,278 threads and 254,995 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 57 new user(s).

• Peter, my understanding is that....no, you won't use a different machine for VI (Vienna Instruments) and MIR.  They are both on the same machine.  The MIR engine hosts the Vienna Instruments like VE does right now.  But, you won't host VE on the same machine on which MIR is running.  So, in other words, If you get downloadable MIR, you won't really have any reason to use VE anymore until VE pro comes out with its additional hosting capabilites for other libraries etc...

• last edited
    last edited

@Peter Alexander said:

So your recommendation is one computer for MIR and one for VI?

I"m sorry, Chris, I'm not trying to be difficult or silly. I'm not totally following your English especially with the word, indifferently.

Peter

Peter, I'll try to make things clear:

Currently the recommendation is:

One computer for your sequencer, no VE or VI.

One computer for MIR, and MIR will host all your Vienna Instruments.

DG

• ...any news concerning the release date? And one other question: will it be possible to use instrumental presets of the VE for the MIR? Or at least VI matrixes (would save a lot of time :-)

• last edited
    last edited

not precisely, be assured it will be announced here - meanwhile you can spend your time searching for the machine or components 😉

MIR relies on the VE engine and offer the VI interface (see video) so all you can load there can also be loaded into MIR

(AFAIK you cannot load VE projects)

christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • last edited
    last edited

@cm said:

[...] (AFAIK you cannot load VE projects)

... but a tool for loading existing VE-projects into MIR is on our To Do-list.

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

@patrik_27080 said:

...any news concerning the release date? [...]

We are right now doing some final tweaking and streamlining, writing the manual etc. Chances are that we have found yet another option to gain quite a bit of performance, BTW.

IOW - the release of Vienna MIR will be Really Soon Now 😉

• last edited
    last edited

@patrik_27080 said:

...any news concerning the release date? [...]

........... Chances are that we have found yet another option to gain quite a bit of performance, BTW.

Now this is a real tease. What sort of increased performance? Faster rendering? Lower latencies? more Instruments loaded? Come on, spill the beans. You know you want to. [;)]

DG

• I agree with DG.  Get spilling Dietz!  I'd also love to know what a translation of "Really soon now" means in real world terms ;-)

• last edited
    last edited

@wolfgang said:

I agree with DG.  Get spilling Dietz!  I'd also love to know what a translation of "Really soon now" means in real world terms 😉

Wolfgang - please understand that I would LOVE to say "Next Monday!" It's just that there's _always_ some unexpected problem only waiting to disturb all those plans, so I'll keep my mouth shut (... a rare occasion, BTW [:#] !)

Thanks for your patience.

• last edited
    last edited

@DG said:

Now this is a real tease. What sort of increased performance? Faster rendering?

There's no rendering within MIR any  more (at least not in the sense of "off-line rendering"). Everything is done in (close-to-) real-time.

[quote=DG]Lower latencies? more Instruments loaded? Come on, spill the beans. You know you want to.

Slightly faster loading of a project, quite a bit less RAM consumption of the IRs (ideally about 20% less than until know), even better responsiveness when changing an instrument's position on stage. But as I said - we are investigating this right now.