Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,017 users have contributed to 42,272 threads and 254,971 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 51 new user(s).

• I agree with William totally. VSL is capable NOW of producing realistic orchestral performances (but I think you have to pick pieces that suit it best) - emulating an orchestra with a computer is a terrifically complex task - VSL succeeds with this, so this enables a new breed of talented musicians to emerge - 'Orchestra performer/programmer'  to give it a crude title-- Jay Bacal is one of the pioneers - but he wouild not have bothered to have done it unless he knew the tools were available/capable to do it.

I think Jay with the Rite of Spring has set a benchmark - but there are equally realistic mock-ups by other 'performer/programmers' on the demo page - just not with the length and complexity of Jay's work.

• Can someone help me here please? I wish to study Jays "Rite of Spring" Mock-up (particularly part 2) and am wondering what I would need to do this? Is it the Cube that I need? And for the life of me I can not figure out how to load the performance files into Vienna Player. I am assuming the tutorial is for study but am unsure of procedure or which parts of the library one needs to own to listen to it? I also bought the Dover edition (full score) yummy!!! And wish to follow it along with the mock-up. If no ones ever bought the dover edition I highly recommend it!!! Lots of inside information on what was going on inside Stravinsky's head. Thanks in advance, Bill

• WOW, my jaw is on the floor. SUPER work!

• Jay

What an achievement! It's brilliance is evidenced by the fact that you don't hear the programming. 

And what an amazing way to totally imprint a masterpiece in your brain permanently. It must have been a roller-coaster.

Ben Bartlett

• Please take this the right way (I've been trying to mock the Rite up for years to nowhere near the same level of success..)

But is there not a wrong note in the two solo muted trumpet section near the beginning of the second part?