Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,508 users have contributed to 42,303 threads and 255,091 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 51 new user(s).

• Not sure why this would be a concern. Do you think when a concert pianist performs a piece on a perfectly tuned piano, it will stay like that though out the whole piece? After the first forte passage it already begins to detune.

• The fact that the real piano is often out of tune does not justify that a virtual instrument is... One of the advantages of a digital piano is that it always stays tuned - here it seems to be slightely detuned from the very beginning, and to make matter worse, retuning is virtually impossible.

• I quite agree. Retuning isn't virtually impossible: it's impossible. One fundamental difference between a piano and a digital piano is that the piano tuner can't be called in to fix any out-of-tune notes in the latter. There is the additional issue that the out-of-tune samples are always exactly the same, making the fault doubly irritating. It would seem that the piano tuner hadn't been called in often enough when the initial recordings were made. Vienna Imperial is expensive, undoubtedly reflecting the undeniably impressive technical achievement, but this issue really needs sorting out, perhaps by another recording session to recapture the duff samples. In a concert setting the current Vienna Imperial would be barely acceptable; for an instrument designed for recording it is simply unacceptable.

• Never bothered me, and I recorded tons of pieces with Vienna Imperial. You may be focussing so much on it that it starts to seem much bigger then it really is.

• Could anyone place a sample of music played on the "Dry Rock Piano" preset? Thanks in advance!

• Hello, I just found this thread. Some days ago I started a similar thread. I also discovered that some of the top notes are slightly out of tune... Of course that's not perfect but one can live with it. A much more bothering problem what I've written already is that there's an oscillating high frequency tone at G4... very high and louder at heavier velocities (espeacially when using the sustain pedal!!!). Nobody noticed that? It's rather evident and annoying but the responsibles at VSL ignore my request... :-( I would wish they could process this note and launch an update of the Imperial...

• Is there a possibility to create the .dat files for Vienna Imperial's sound without soft pedal samples? I never use them and they just waste space. That would be a great help for me before I buy a bigge SSD disk, because now the only setting that fits my flash disk is the close strings one.

• whereas it is possible to keep the content for close/player/distant seperate it is not possible to remove certain elements for a position from the monolithic file due to its highly optimized structure.

christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Wie Schade :(