Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,647 users have contributed to 42,400 threads and 255,553 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• Pop please.  Even one demo would be helpful.

• Pop-leti it is.

• Sorry Guy, I hadn't heard your demos, just the Saint Saens with the bassoon and was just hoping for more isolated piano, but now I see you've done that with little or no reverb, thanks, Gary

• Any chance that some of the Bösendorfer Imperial demos could be re-rendered with Vienna Imperial for comparison?

• I'm going to be starting to write a piano concerto sooner or later so if there was an orchestral demo I would very likely buy this.

• I've been working on Tchaikovsky piano concerto no 1,  1st mov, about 10 min. Should have it here any day now.

• Thanks Guy, it should be easy to compare with the other Boesendorfer Imperial demos then.

•  Here is another wonderful Chopin Etude op 10/3 which demonstrate very effectively the dynamic range of the Vienna Imperial.

Jay Bacal supported us with two versions, player and far perspective.

http://vsl.co.at/en/211/442/478/1701/1705/1308.htm

thanks a lot Jay!

• What a great joy to listen to this Etude Jay.  I especially liked the programming in the melodic section, absolutely perfect!

• Hi to the forum,

just wondering about the midi file of the Chopin Etude in E major done by Jay. In opening it there are several tracks with names such as

top right piano - Vienna Imperial - Player Position, middle right, bottom left, and so on.

Just wondering what these track names mean if you could please let me know. Is it just one piano playing, and not more than one for this demo , [I am guessing that it is so, but just wondering about that also].

Also, an excellent performance to Jay!

Thanks if you can answer my questions regarding this.

best regards,

Steve[:D]

•  Hi Steve,

I find it easier to adjust the voicing of the separate musical lines (melody, countermelody, bass, middle voices, etc.) by breaking the piece into separate midi tracks for each musical line.  Feel free to merge the tracks together if you prefer.

Best,

Jay

• The Piano sounds fantastic!

SvK

• question.....are there randomizations for each note of each layer?

•  I didn't use computer generated randomization on this piece.   But I did draw the note velocities by hand (and by ear) so there is inherently some randomization.

--Jay

• JBacal....

what i meant was if you restrike the piano on a note at exactly the same velocity are their round-robbins?

SvK

• last edited
    last edited

@svonkampen said:

what i meant was if you restrike the piano on a note at exactly the same velocity are their round-robbins?

yes, there are alternate samples for all pedal down samples

but there are many more factors

for examples if you perform pedal up andyou have one notet a vel. 50 and the next vel 51, you get two different samples, which gives the impression of round-robbin, because the volume difference is barely detectable

and further all short notes can sound like different  samples, because of triggering different release samples,

note length from 0-100 MS have their dedicated releasesamples,

100-200 MS have dedicated release samples, 200 - 500 MS als, and so on

so in summary a lot of "randomisation"

best

Herb

• WOW!!

impressive ;-)

....one mre question: The piano sounds awesome for classical...is it possible to get her sounding closer? If not that's fine....since for the application she's intended she's near perfect to my ears......

SvK

•  We have two demos where you can download a close position rendering with not much reverb:

http://vsl.co.at/Player2.aspx?Lang=1&DemoID=5464

http://vsl.co.at/Player2.aspx?Lang=1&DemoID=5465

You have to click on the "DOWNLOAS TUTORIAL" button, than you can download the "player" and "close" mp3 renderings.

Hopefully we can offer more demos demonstrating jazz and pop style in the near future.

best

Herb

• Yup, I'd love to hear Pop and Jazz demos soon since it's been all classical so far. Really need to before I plunk down that kind of cash. 

• I'm on the verge of finishing an orchestral piece with Vienna Imperial, after that I had planned to do Art Tatum.