Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,546 users have contributed to 42,395 threads and 255,527 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Yeah, a Piano Concerto would be a perfect demo. Perhaps Chopin or Rachmaninoff? : )

• Chopin coming up.

• Hehe, any orchestral accompaniment would be cool indeed. But direct comparison of the mikes would be cool also.

• last edited
    last edited

@Football said:

Good Lord, this thread is nuts.  Very much looking forward to more demos.

Here they are, two great pieces produced by Jay Bacal, this time you can hear the piano in a chamber music context (with bassoon or trumpet)

http://vsl.co.at/en/67/702/704/414.htm

Saint - Saens, Bassoon Sonata 3rd mov

Steven Halsey, Trumpet Sonata - Allegro

best

Herb

Excellent demos Jay.

Was unfamiliar with these pieces and have enjoyed them both. The Imperial sounds brilliant, even if a little too much in the background to my ears. Wouldn't complain if you or someone else demos the 1st movement of Shostakovich's No.2 (or the whole lot for that matter).

Will invest regardless!

Colin

• Just listened to the most recent piano demos, the trumpet sonata features beautifully the trumpet as well. Very nice!

Lovely delicate piano playing (or programming) in the Saint-Saens, the basson: very realistic. I find the piano slightly too much in the background in this one, but that's a question of taste. But both pieces sound very convincing overall. Great work Jay!

• Great demos ..but I don't get a sense of the piano sustain 'bloom' that you can get on a real piano. At least on my Bechstein at home the sustain is amazing. I would like to hear some more creative pedalling and some louder passages with the soft pedal. Many pianists ignore the louder tone of the soft pedal which is very expressive.

No matter what the demos sound like I'll never know if this piano works for me or not until I try it for a few hours.  I'm hoping this will be the last sampled piano I'll have to buy for a long time. 

• Just bumping this with a request for more demos with closer perspective.  Listened again to one of the new demos but the trumpet is way too loud and the piano is so far off in the distance that between those two things it doesn't really show off what it might be capable of.

•  I've  just added two more demos, Copin Etudes op 25 nr. 6 & nr. 11.

Wonderful and virtuous perfomances by Guy Bacos. All three perspectives are featured - you find close and player position in an zip file in the "Download Tutorial".

Hopefully next week we can also add videos where you can see Guy's live performes of this two pieces.

best

Herb

PS: the product is shipping now (buy buttons are activated on our shop site)

• Great.

• Great playing Guy!   I'm jealous of your chops.   You're a talented bastard![:D]   Look forward to watching your performance.

Best,

Jay

• Yes, hoping to hear some pno demos with little or no reverb. Too much in these demos so far to make judgements.

• Hardly any rev was used. Perhaps you mean sus pedal?

• I'm sure he hasn't downloaded the tutorial which contains the close perspective version.  

Wish I could play like that.  

• Hearing the piano with the orchestra would probably sell this to me more.

• Excellent Guy!

I wouldn't have suspected for a second that this was a sampled instrument. To be able to play like that.  [:(]

Look forward to the videos.

Colin

P.S.  Op25-11 cuts out at 3:28 even though it downloaded to 4:11

• Anyone seen my pogo stick?

• last edited
    last edited

@cgernaey said:

Anyone seen my pogo stick?

I've a spare yo-yo if you can't find it.

• All classical so far, still hoping for a contemporary/modern piece.

• last edited
    last edited

@Football said:

All classical so far, still hoping for a contemporary/modern piece.

Contemporary pop or contemporary dissonant... Ligeti...?

• My vote for Ligeti! :-)

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library