Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,647 users have contributed to 42,400 threads and 255,553 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• Yes, hoping to hear some pno demos with little or no reverb. Too much in these demos so far to make judgements.

• Hardly any rev was used. Perhaps you mean sus pedal?

• I'm sure he hasn't downloaded the tutorial which contains the close perspective version.  

Wish I could play like that.  

• Hearing the piano with the orchestra would probably sell this to me more.

• Excellent Guy!

I wouldn't have suspected for a second that this was a sampled instrument. To be able to play like that.  [:(]

Look forward to the videos.

Colin

P.S.  Op25-11 cuts out at 3:28 even though it downloaded to 4:11

• Anyone seen my pogo stick?

• last edited
    last edited

@cgernaey said:

Anyone seen my pogo stick?

I've a spare yo-yo if you can't find it.

• All classical so far, still hoping for a contemporary/modern piece.

• last edited
    last edited

@Football said:

All classical so far, still hoping for a contemporary/modern piece.

Contemporary pop or contemporary dissonant... Ligeti...?

• My vote for Ligeti! :-)

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Pop please.  Even one demo would be helpful.

• Pop-leti it is.

• Sorry Guy, I hadn't heard your demos, just the Saint Saens with the bassoon and was just hoping for more isolated piano, but now I see you've done that with little or no reverb, thanks, Gary

• Any chance that some of the Bösendorfer Imperial demos could be re-rendered with Vienna Imperial for comparison?

• I'm going to be starting to write a piano concerto sooner or later so if there was an orchestral demo I would very likely buy this.

• I've been working on Tchaikovsky piano concerto no 1,  1st mov, about 10 min. Should have it here any day now.

• Thanks Guy, it should be easy to compare with the other Boesendorfer Imperial demos then.

•  Here is another wonderful Chopin Etude op 10/3 which demonstrate very effectively the dynamic range of the Vienna Imperial.

Jay Bacal supported us with two versions, player and far perspective.

http://vsl.co.at/en/211/442/478/1701/1705/1308.htm

thanks a lot Jay!

• What a great joy to listen to this Etude Jay.  I especially liked the programming in the melodic section, absolutely perfect!

• Hi to the forum,

just wondering about the midi file of the Chopin Etude in E major done by Jay. In opening it there are several tracks with names such as

top right piano - Vienna Imperial - Player Position, middle right, bottom left, and so on.

Just wondering what these track names mean if you could please let me know. Is it just one piano playing, and not more than one for this demo , [I am guessing that it is so, but just wondering about that also].

Also, an excellent performance to Jay!

Thanks if you can answer my questions regarding this.

best regards,

Steve[:D]