Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,440 users have contributed to 42,227 threads and 254,796 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 22 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

If you want to you can send me your score and Playback Configuration (xml file and folder with the same name) and I will take a look at it.

Andi (a.olszewski@vsl.co.at)

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • cool. will send it.

• Hi,

A little while ago I did have the same problems with the chamber strings.

Sam, from Sibelius, came up with the following solution.

I quote:

"If you use the built in Vienna Ensemble sound set in Sibelius 5.2.5 then you won’t have use the .n players extra sound IDs in the score. This is what I had to do to get the score playing correctly:

Go to Play, Playback Devices and click the Manual Sound Set tab

Choose the Vienna Ensemble device and change the sound set to ‘VSL Ensemble Special Edition’

Go through the Sound Settings for each of the string sounds i.e.

--

Channel: 1

Change Violin chamber ensemble to Violin ensemble

Click Apply

--

Repeat this for each of the strings and you’ll find the sound IDs they are using don’t have a number of players on the end.

I don’t think you need to change anything for the other Vienna Ensemble devices as you say everything is OK with them.

Save the Playback Configuration and click Close.

Once in the score open the mixer

Ctrl+Click on the on of the Devices and choose Auto.

Ctrl+Click on the sound and also choose Auto.

This will mean Sibelius resets the sounds used for each of the staves."

Yesterday I had the same problem with an old score.

Applying the above did do the trick again.

I'm sure this will help.

Michel

• I have the Solo String Matrices loaded in Sibelius 5.2.5 with the current sound set file from VSL playing a string quartet. The Second violinist (solo violin) part isn't playing articulations correctly. It gets stuck every time it has a staccato. The first Violin (solo violin) is playing everything fine. So is the Viola and Cello.

Any suggestions?

also any suggestions in getting the midi files for this piece into DP with correct articulations so i can do a good mix? Or will i have to write in keyswitches for everything?? anyway this data gets saved automatically with an export? Haven't done much between sibelius and DP.usually i use them exclusive of each other.

•  Hey so i figured out my problem. The sibelius default score type for string quartet uses Violin I and Violin II  instead of Solo Violin,Solo Violin. I copied the lines into 2 Solo Violin parts and it works great.

Still am wondering about keyswitching midi data... as per last post.

• Hi lonkaiser!

When you export a MIDI file with Sibelius, you can can choose a sound set on which this MIDI file will be based. This way keyswitches and control changes will also be included in the MIDI file.

Best wishes,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on