Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

184,741 users have contributed to 42,369 threads and 255,368 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 79 new user(s).

• I had a real problem with the time allotted in the demo. I downloaded it tonight, opened them in Sonar & Sound Forge & after trying it only several times, maybe 3 times trying to configure it & get them to work the message came up & said demo trial period was over & needed to be validated.
    I did try most of the plugs & just to note in Sonar 6: using the panner, saving a preset & typing the letter 'R' it started the recording function.  The compressor would not load at all, the ddl was with the others but wouldn't work in Sonar even when re-installing & scanning them several times.The compressor did work in SF9 however.

I wish I could have more time with demo, especially since I couldn't get the compressor at all in Sonar. In SF I could see it has settings for VSL instruments & was hoping to try it on individual instruments.

For just the short amount of time I used the other plugs, the limiter seemed O.K.,  the Multi band & E.Q. sounded pretty good too when I tried pushing it hard..

Thanks
    -Carl

• You can refill demostarts on your key during the 30 day period as often as you want using syncrosoft LCC.

Go to "Wizards" and choose "activate date licenses"

best

Herb

• Viel Danken Herb

• Concerning the upcoming Mir: I suppose the Vienna Suite Plugins (and altiverb for the convulution engine) will be part of MIR. So: are there going to be dicounts, if you own these other products?

• Whilst Audioease may be involved in the convolution part of MIR, it has nothing to do with Altiverb AFAIK.

DG

• I put altiverb in brackets. But what about Vienna Suite? is it involved in mir? I think it would be fair for all those waiting for mir to know:

• Vienna Suite is not part of MIR.

best

Herb

• Herb,

I'll give it a try

Also I didn't notice but are there docs/ help files with these? I.E. I'd like to know the pre/ post balance parameters in the powerpan as well as the other plugs specs in general....

Thanks for the response.

• last edited
    last edited

Hello Carl,

of course there are manuals available: you can find them right underneath the software section for the Vienna Instruments, Vienna Ensmble and Vienna Suitein your User Area.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@fritzflotow_27429 said:

Concerning the upcoming Mir: I suppose the Vienna Suite Plugins (and altiverb for the convulution engine) will be part of MIR. So: are there going to be dicounts, if you own these other products?
    AltiVerb was never part of the MIR. AudioEase, the makers of AltiVerb, were development partner of an early (unreleased) version of the MIR engine. In the meantime, the we have developed a convolution core of our own, to achieve the necessary power for close-to-realtime performance of several hundred IRs at the same time.

-> [URL]http://community.vsl.co.at/forums/t/18321.aspx[/URL]

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

In the meantime, the we have developed a convolution core of our own, to achieve the necessary power for close-to-realtime performance of several hundred IRs at the same time.

Yikes! Obviously, there's a dark room somewhere in the basement of the VSL offices occupied by nothing other than a 500-kilogram brain... What do you call him? 😉

J.

• [quote=jbm]Obviously, there's a dark room somewhere in the basement of the VSL offices occupied by nothing other than a 500-kilogram brain... What do you call him? ;-)

Whatever it wants to be called, I suspect. 

• :-D

We call him Florian, Martin, George or Chris.

-> [URL]http://vsl.co.at/en/65/73/502/325.vsl[/URL]

• Dietz,

(1) Could you give us a few of the names of the EQ presets for Vienna Suite? For example, for Solo Vln is there only one or are there separate presets for different articulations? I would imagine that the Legato and Tasto articulations (for example) would require different EQ settings.

(2) On the link you gave us above, is that the GUI for Mir on Florian's computer?

• last edited
    last edited

@Jack Weaver said:

Dietz,

(1) Could you give us a few of the names of the EQ presets for Vienna Suite? For example, for Solo Vln is there only one or are there separate presets for different articulations? I would imagine that the Legato and Tasto articulations (for example) would require different EQ settings.

(2) On the link you gave us above, is that the GUI for Mir on Florian's computer?
    Thanks for your interest, Jack.

ad (1): Sorry, I'm not front of my DAW right now (it's a Sunday evening 😊 ...), and I don't know all settings by heart. The easiest way to find out yourself is to download the demo of Vienna Suite. I know that up to now, I made basic suggestions for the EQ and the Compressor as far as most legato-, pizzicato and con sordino-strings are concerned. But please understand that VS is very new for us, too, and that the Presets are "work in progress" (... and they are lots of work, believe me 8-/ ...)

ad (2): Yes this is the GUI of the MIR-prototype from earlier this year. It is very similar to the GUI we show in our short MIR-Preview-video, just with different colours. This video is still available here: -> [URL]http://vsl.co.at/en/65/71/464/299.vsl[/URL]

Kind regards,

•  Sorry I'm having a mental block about how the demo authorization works.

I am currently mainly working from my reduced macbook setup (not my main studio mac and HD's). If I install and authorize my macbook now with the VS demo once the 30 days is up will I be able to install it on my other mac at a later date for another 30 days or not? I am keen to try it now..... but I would like to test it with my full VI library (and other plugs and VI's) which is on my main studio mac, so I will keep the demo uninstalled if necessary for now if I only get one shot at trying VS on both systems.

Hope my question makes sense. TIA!

• last edited
    last edited

Hi orchestralala,

you are not "authorizing a computer", but you download a demo license for Vienna Suite that resides on your ViennaKey (or any other Syncrosoft eLicenser). You can install and use Vienna Suite on any computer you like, as long as you have the ViennaKey with your demo license connected to your computer and the latest Syncrosoft LCC installed.

You have 90 starts available with this Demo Licenses, which you can recharge via the Syncrosoft LCC for 30 days. Choose "Wizards" => "Activate Date Licenses" to recharge your starts.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Dear VSL Team,

I'm really confused by what it means when you say that Vienna Suite is 64-bit?  Could you be so kind as to elaborate? [:)]  My guess is that 64-bit refers to internal processing which is different than being x64 compatable? Would I still get 64-bit internal processing with a 32-bit OS like Mac OS 10.4?

Thank you, Brian

• Brian,

the Vienna Suite uses 64-bit processing internally on both Windows and Mac, even in a 32-bit architecture.

Under Windows - each plugin comes as native x86 and x64 varieties. On Mac, we only offer x86/ppc versions - since there are no 64-bit capable hosts yet. As soon as hosts become available, we will release the Mac/64bit version for Intel CPU's. We will most likely not support ppc64. (And I strongly doubt any 64-bit Mac host will support ppc64 as well)

• Hi Martin. I notice from your advertisement for Vienna Suite in the latest edition of SOS that top of the list of included plugins is Reverb! Can we assume that VSL are going to surprise us all and actually include MIR in the VS download, and at the advertised price?!!..Colin