Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,464 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,080 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Help Plz - Sibelius 5.2 with VSL Setup!

Hi guys. Little by little I'm getting everything up and running. It's taking my much longer than most because I'm just really new to this whole digital workstation thing and I'm not great with computers at all yet so I'm figuring things out a  little at a time.

I downloaded the updated (july/08) Soundset for Sibelius 5.2. I extracted this soundset and moved the .XML file into the appropriate folder. At first I tried to move it to the c:\program files\Vienna...\Sounds  folder and then also tried the user\appsdata\roaming...........\sounds folder as given by both sites and I even tried moving the .XML file to BOTH of those folders and still nothing appears. By appears I mean that when I go to the PLAY tab in Sibelius, and I click on PLAYBACK DEVICES, and the ONLY device listed under active and 'available devices' is the default microsoft gs synth wave table midi. I know my VI standalone opens and works fine and I know my VE standalone opens and works fine but why is it not appearing as available devices in Sibelius 5.2 when I have properly copied the darn updated soundset .XML into the /sounds directory???

Is there anything that should be in the /VST PLUGINS directory in VSL? I just can't seem to figure this out ;\

Someone please help!

Thank you in advance for the help!

[:$]

•  For what it's worth, I have had similar questions regarding vsl and sibelius answered quickly and with ample detail by Daniel over on the sibelius chat pages.  If you don't get the answer you need here (I'm on a mac, so I'll avoid trying to give too much advice here), try over on the sibelius forums.  Your setup is a common one, and has been put to use by many with good success.

Good luck!

Omid 

• PHEW!!!! Problem solved. Praise the lord and Hallelujah boy am I happy now. Hours upon hours of research and reading with my computer illiterate self I had to really read between the lines and try to use my logical deduction and reasoning to figure this out. The first clue came in this thread for anyone interested after I had searched it out http://community.vsl.co.at/forums/t/19229.aspx and I realized I had nothing in my VST PLUGINS folder. I wondered why though and the thread starter there said he reinstalled his VE and that fixed the problem so I just did that and I realized from the installation of Vienna Ensemble it asks for where to put the VST Plugins and I directed it into the sibelius/vst plugins folder. I now realize that when I had initially installed vienna ensemble during that question I must have directed the file to my desktop or elsewhere and deleted it. The reason being that I had not yet installed my Sibelius and so did not know about any vst plugin folder yet and so by the time I had Sibelius installed I was already at a loss. So now everything should be fine and proper, I can't wait to test drive this sucker!!! as the sounds I have toyed with so far in standalone VI were mind boggling! So real that they gave me shivers as to the compositional possibilities that now lie before me!

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on