Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,759 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,921 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Appassionata Strings II

Now it's official, all infos here:

http://vsl.co.at/en/211/442/344/768/514.htm 

The library is already shipping to our distributors, so sales will start middle of next week.

And yes, there is an "extended free" offer for all registered Appassionata Strings Full users.

best

Herb

• Herb, it is not clear to me whether the Extended articulations are all con sordino or not. Please could you confirm.

Thanks.

DG

• So if I have both standard and extended I get for free:)  and how do get the new content.

• All articulations (standard and extended) are con sordino.

You get the new content if you buy the new product "Appassionata Stings II" standard library.

best

herb 

• Sorry I dont understand.

I bought app strigs standard and extended.

So you mean If I by the standard App stings II I get the rest of App stings II .

Meaning I get he extended if i by the Standard first.....So the toatl coast for App I and Ii is $1920.00

therefore, I get $185.00 extended app strings II for free....? 

• last edited
    last edited

@herb said:

All articulations (standard and extended) are con sordino.

best

herb 

OK, thanks.

So may I be so bold as to ask if there is going to be an Appassionata Strings III, as I really do need more of the short type articulations? I find that the Orchestral strings sound much closer than the Apps do, so mixing and matching staccatos is not easy to do.

Of course, I'll be getting App II, but...........................

DG

• Sounds great. A nice surprise. Good luck  [:)]

{Wish  it wasn't clashing with Christmas though, can't afford to buy right now to take advantage of the VIP special}

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Mazeka,

the Appassionata Strings I&II are 2 seperate products. Each with a Standard Library and an Extended Library.

You decide what you get, but you will not get any Extended Library for free if you license "just" these 2 products.

Of course everything looks different if you take advantage of the Strings Bundle Holiday offer.

You will get 1 Extended Library of your choice fore free (of course you need the corresponding Standard Library first).

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • TEAM VIENNA. HERB...... thanx sooo much ;-) Sordino Apass wooohooooooooooo thanx! SvK

• Also very glad to hear about the A2 collection and will get them as well. I would like to add my vote for more short articulations for A1 since it sounds so great and indeed is difficult to integrate with Orch I strings. Since the Altiverb and EQ settings have to be different for the two you can't have everything loaded in one instance. In any case congratulations on A2 which will no doubt be just as great as AI.

• That's a very nice sound on those App Strings II Herb and Gents. You are definitely cracking the strings code now. More articulations will almost certainly be welcome as time goes by and the so-called Hollywood sound gets ever nearer. :)

•  Thanks paul for the help.

So When I by App strings II satnadard I get the exstended for free..... ok.

Do you mean if I get lets say Chambers strings stand I get the extended for free.....? or this just applies to App 

• last edited
    last edited

Mazeka,

I´m afraid that this is a misunderstanding.

Here is a link to the Special Holiday Offer, that will make things clearer.

Best regards,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • I see that App II is now shipping. Please don't arrive before Christmas; I've closed the studios for the rest of this year, and I don't want the temptation to install and play with them until 2008. [;)]

DG

• I would love to hear some more stuff done with this set... both official or unofficial demos will do ;)

• last edited
    last edited

@DG said:

I see that App II is now shipping. Please don't arrive before Christmas; I've closed the studios for the rest of this year, and I don't want the temptation to install and play with them until 2008.

DG

Whaaaa! I still have a week to go before any of that happens. You lucky man Daryl! ;)

• last edited
    last edited

@DG said:

I see that App II is now shipping. Please don't arrive before Christmas; I've closed the studios for the rest of this year, and I don't want the temptation to install and play with them until 2008.

DG

Whaaaa! I still have a week to go before any of that happens. You lucky man Daryl! ;)

Nah, I'm just lazy. Plus a couple of lucrative ads earlier this year. [;)]

DG

• It's funny because I'm just orching a con sordino cue that's going to orchestra in February and I suppose I'm really looking forward to getting these two App string libraries. I have a colleague and friend who is doing a film right now and another one shortly after that has App strings I and tells me they're great in the right context but can be sometimes too big????!??

• last edited
    last edited

@PaulR said:

It's funny because I'm just orching a con sordino cue that's going to orchestra in February and I suppose I'm really looking forward to getting these two App string libraries. I have a colleague and friend who is doing a film right now and another one shortly after that has App strings I and tells me they're great in the right context but can be sometimes too big????!??

Yes, with App I, I tend to layer a lot, otherwise it sounds too thick. Also, it stops everyone changing bow at the same time; never gonna happen peeps....!

DG

• I'm with Daryl on this one.   On this current film I have found a winning combination of solo strings and A1.   The trick is the right mix (never a hard rule - ALWAYS cue dependent.)  Pretty basic though -  the more 'intimate' it needs to be -  the higher the solo string(s) are in the mix. 

Should have my A2 in the morning - really looking forward to using these on THIS project.

Rob