Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,396 users have contributed to 42,223 threads and 254,777 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• I think what is key here is being able to make the transition from one keyboard to the next. Yammy's are my favorite fake actions for the price, BTW. ---Also remember that key to key on each controller the response WILL be different (black notes vs. whites, for example). So if you at least get a consistent response from your current board, I say stick with it. ---Clark

• Apparently the StudioLogic VKM or whatever it is supposedly has the most realistic piano action out there. I was going to order the 76 key version online because no retailer carries them in Canada. Would prefer to try it out before I buy. The fellow with the StudioLogic SL990- how is that action? I can get one for $350 US. The VMK is $600 but has more sliders and programmability.

• last edited
    last edited

@Fiery Angel said:

The fellow with the StudioLogic SL990- how is that action?

I don't think you refer to me, but I think the StudioLogic SL990's action is uneven, clunky and too light. The black keys output a lower velocity that the white keys. Mine broke down after 3 weeks as well.

Dom 

• I'm glad you say that. I was looking into the Studio Logic SL990 but probably will go with the CME ZSC76 because it has Logic control built in and it's available to play around with up here in Canada.