Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,374 users have contributed to 42,295 threads and 255,060 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 54 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Jack Weaver said:

Uhh... it's not due until 2008?

If we wait that long we'll be in danger of having the Boys Choir's voices change!

I'm sure that Dietz has some Warp Tool that he can use on them to fend off puberty until the Collection is finished. [:D]

DG

• Yeah, sure! [H]

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

@Jack Weaver said:

If we wait that long we'll be in danger of having the Boys Choir's voices change!

I'm sure that Dietz has some Warp Tool that he can use on them to fend off puberty until the Collection is finished. [:D]

DG

Nothing a few rubber bands, a bit of tissue and a scissor can't handle.

• Why a year and half (at least) away??? It would seem to me that if the SOP's are recorded that they would have recorded the ATB's as well at the same time - or group of sessions. Can programming really take 18-20 months?

Rob

• A guess could be that special software has to be created... If not - well then I'm curious to [:)]

• last edited
    last edited

@Jack Weaver said:

DG

Nothing a few rubber bands, a bit of tissue and a scissor and can't handle.

Ouch!!! [[[[:|]]]] [[[[:|]]]] [[[[:|]]]]

• last edited
    last edited

@Jack Weaver said:

DG

You sound as if you're talking from experience. [[:|]]

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@Christian Marcussen said:

A guess could be that special software has to be created... If not - well then I'm curious to [:)]

Can you imagine the recording sessions for Performance Legato using every possible combination of interval and vowel etc.? Actually, the sheer boredom factor doesn't bear thinking about.

DG

• HA!

made me laugh...

• last edited
    last edited

@Jack Weaver said:

DG

You sound as if you're talking from experience. [[:|]]

DG

Nah - I had no tissues or rubberbands last time. [6]

• Sounds a bit messy. Ah well, it's all a load of b*llocks anyway.

DG

• -herb, the leg perf are really nice!

• last edited
    last edited

@mathis said:

The high a' near the end sounds louder recorded than played back and since I'm currently learning my first lessons about choir I wonder if this high a' is a good idea anyway in a soft context? Can anybody elaborate who has some more significant choir experience?

no, your intuition is right. the group just isn't getting it done up high yet. a soft a is tricky but perfectly fine with a good choir. but most singers can't manage it at any dynamic/vowel (although they'll all insist they can) so it might best be considered the beginning of a "professional" range that can continue up to c (allegri miserere for example).

• Thanks, Martin.

• Sopranos demo (just the 'ahhs')

8 Bars, 2 soprano parts, 3-part strings playing whole notes so as not to get in the way.

http://homepage.mac.com/jackweaver4">http://homepage.mac.com/jackweaver4

This is a really special product and I'm grateful to be able to download the beginnings of it for free. I look forward to using it on a regular basis.
    My short experience with it makes me want to add some hopefully useful commentary.

Even though the library is very small as of now it really is a handful to work with. It may take me a while to get a hold on using all the dynamics that the VSL team has put into some of the patches. I only wonder if their editors really appreciate how quickly some of the seemingly simple decrescendi and crescendi advance?

I found that when to use the legato and various sustain patches was counterintuitive. Some of the lines you hear in the demo which sound legato are the sustains and vice-versa. Some lines were a combination of individual sustains and legatos in an effort to restrain the dynamics.

It's on its way to being a great new library. Once again you are maintaining the characteristic VSL lively sound. Thanks for the new and very usable tool!

• Do I have to have the complete symphonic cube in VI format to download the choir? I have it in giga format, but the link to the download page just displays an error in German.

• last edited
    last edited

@slaroussels said:

Do I have to have the complete symphonic cube in VI format to download the choir? I have it in giga format, but the link to the download page just displays an error in German.

The VI Symphonic Cube is not available in Giga format. You'll have to purchase the new VI if you want the Sopranos bonus patches I'm afraid.

DG

• Well, it took a couple of days to get the files downloaded-- for whatever reason the server kept logging me off mid-stream. Couldn't even log back in to resume where it left off. Odd.

But, this collection is truly promising! It's going to be massive, to say the least. With only UU and AA as a teaser, I can't wait to get my hands on all the other vowels and consonants.

It's also nice to use the VI console for this-- starting to feel like home! I had a lot of fun with the sus and the perf leg, which I can see I'll use quite liberally. It's also nice to focus on a smaller number of articulations with new sounds working to get the most out of them-- forces one to get creative!!

Great job.

• Shoot! I just bought East West... timing is everything...

Josh

• The VSL choir is only a teaser, so you have lost nothing by buying the EW choir. I am currently using both, as they serve different needs.

DG