Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,716 users have contributed to 42,254 threads and 254,893 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 5 new post(s) and 41 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@SyQuEsT said:

don't forget a choir performance trill [8-)]

Yeah, baby.........

DG

And don't forget mmmmmmm&mmmmmm's [:D]

• my head is exploding

• does anyone fancy showing off their fancy new mini-lib by posting up a few samples of the articulations, eg. an sfz, the perf_legato, etc..

in fact, even just a sample of the perf-legati would be super sexy.

• A very promising and exciting first sign [[:)]]

Even though I'm a poor Opus second class citizen... [:O]ops: [:D] [[;)]]

Seriously though, I had been wondering what the status of a choir from VSL was - any indication of how long until the full set is ready? Is it something that is fully in the works right now, or will it still be a good long while?

Yet another voice in favour of performance trills!
    And of course the capacity for full word building is a must, or it would be a bizare effort to record so much and not be able to truly let it sing. [[:)]]

I very much like the tone, and the legato seems to work like a charm!

• last edited
    last edited

@jc5 said:

I very much like the tone, and the legato seems to work like a charm!

It woks like a charm ! [H] [[;)]]

• I find the legato a little bumpy and uneven; sort of like there was too much diaphragm punctuation when recording it. It works very well for medium speed transitions, but for slower stuff is not quite right. Using a mixture of sus and leg seems to be a suitable workaround, but I'm looking forward to the full product (if it exists, when it's ready) where there will be different speed legati.

DG

• Very interesting prospects! Hopefully a full VSL choir will be released soon (standalone, please).

The high a' near the end sounds louder recorded than played back and since I'm currently learning my first lessons about choir I wonder if this high a' is a good idea anyway in a soft context? Can anybody elaborate who has some more significant choir experience?

- M

• wow...

downloading now.

I think you can be very sure his will be released as a standalone (meaning no cube required). All speculation of course,.

• Herb,

very generous, Thanxs! the legato patch sounds great! But:
    With OSX 10.4.8 and Logic 7.2.3 I cannot load any presets or matrixes, only patches!!!
    Something is wrong: The articulation-keyswitch assignment shows: C1 and then E4, E4,E4, E4 etc... are the files corrupted?
    Installation ran smoothly.

What can that be???

Regards
    Oliver

• Hi Oliver

The choir was mapped with Vienna Instrument version 1.1.
    Maybe this is causing your problems.

Version 1.1 is now available for download.
    Informations for this new version you will find in the 2nd post of the "Vienna Instruments information thread":

http://community.vsl.co.at/viewtopic.php?t=7977&iframe=true

best
    Herb

• Hi Herb - Very nice tone, and very nice download!

A few suggestions. The legato has a little vocal squeek in many of the transitions, which overall also seem a bit to loud in volume. The change in volume makes the transition less subtle and fluent.

• last edited
    last edited

@Christian Marcussen said:

Hi Herb - Very nice tone, and very nice download!

A few suggestions. The legato has a little vocal squeek in many of the transitions, which overall also seem a bit to loud in volume. The change in volume makes the transition less subtle and fluent.

I agree - lovely samples also the intonation variables you get with a live choir appear to be present as well!

I notice the sort of transition pulse when playing quiet legato lines - less noticable when the midi volume is mf/f but does appear in a mix to be a strangeness rather than integrating with the preceding and following notes.

Julian

• Sorry for being what may be brain dead. I DL these files and tried to open them and got the message 'no archives found' or 'files not supported or corrupt'. Using winRAR.

Anyone help me out here?

All the best,

Rob

• Rob

Not tried it myself yet - i'm on holiday away from my studio. However I seem to remeber you just unzip the ZIP file with the .INFO file inside and then use the VSL library installer. No need to unrar the CAB files.

Best

Tim

• Thanks Tim - that was it!!! Forgot about that Library installing exe file. All the best.

Rob

• These are very nice samples [:D] . Totally agree though on having an option for different legati speeds (althought the one included is nothing short of expectations - for choir - simply ground breaking!!!).

The perf trill option would also be VERY nice. Can't wait to hear the rest of the SATB and all the various programming options. Any time line on this complete?

Rob

• My guess would be next summer or spring seeing as they did not announce the choir along with the new collections coming later this year.

For oooh, aaaah stuff the legato is most welcome. You hear sing like this in scores like Empire of the Sun and Minority Report if I'm not mistaken. This choir will come very handy for that stuff.

Word building. Well - I doubt it would be feasible with the current VI player. It's possible, but it may take far too much programming. I did however mix a Sfz sample with the the RA sample with a slight delay on the Sfz sample. Made a nice and articulated "rrRRRaaaaaaaa" sound. Sounded great, but far too much trouble if you want it to sing a passage.

But as I said, for oooh and aaaah stuff it would still come really handy, even without a wordbuilding utility. And iven if such a utility isent made upon release it look slike the material to do it eventually is there.

• Hi Herb,

that was it! It works now. And sounds teriffic.

Thanks Herb for the fast response, you really care for your customers!

Best

Oliver

• Uhh... it's not due until 2008?

If we wait that long we'll be in danger of having the Boys Choir's voices change!

• hehe...looks like my summer estimate was way off [[:)]]

Good thing is that more money may be in the piggy bank [[:)]]