Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,378 users have contributed to 42,392 threads and 255,499 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 63 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

JC5

Pure disc streaming is what we are really waiting for.

And this is why some time ago, i asked about the possibility of running a fast server, with optical connections to the DAW box.

dual G5 with Xraid anyone?

Regards,

Alex.

Its only a matter of time before the access time on even 'regular' hardware becomes fast enough to allow for it... though who knows, maybe with some software trickery things could be helped along?

*sigh* If it were possible to run the whole of my Opus Bundle on one machine I would already be very happy...

• Yeah JWL, I was just going to post that but you did already. Friday is the biggest shopping day of the year in the U.S.

Purely a coincidence I'm sure... [[;)]]

BTW - "VSLING" - that is a great name. Sounds like a small pointy-eared creature with hairy feet who uses the state of the art in orchestral sampling.

One cube to rule them all,
    One cube to find them,
    One cube to bring them all
    And in the final mix bind them,
    In the land of VSL,
    Where the samples lie.

• last edited
    last edited

@Austin Haynes said:

....Time likes Thanksgiving remind me that there is more to be focused than the next fix of our desires. Being with people is more important than a product. [....] During Thanksgiving I want to be more aware of how people are doing and making it a wonderful event of having family and friends together. [[:D]] There is more to life than a product ... yadda yadda
    Your not fooling anyone! [[:D]]

• Perhaps you are the one being fooled [;)] Mr. Marcussen. I was just trying to make a point. Since Thanksgiving happened to be today, it even applied more because Thanksgiving has nothing to do with a "product". I happened to realize that the hype for this product was making me more excited than Thanksgiving and felt to post about why Thanksgiving should be more important than a "product".

I'm sure VSL will release something great because they are a great company but as with anything involving technology...It gets old the minute it comes out.

• Wait a minute... are you saying that thanks giving is more important than VSL? I got to see your shrink! He cured you! [:D]

• Haha [:D] . Thanksgiving is over and VSL is releasing tomorrow so tomorrow is a whole other day of fighting the VSL URGE.......One day at a time Mr. Marcussen one day at a time [:D] [:D]

• Hehe,

10 hours to go Moscow time. I'll be up working, so it will be interesting.

Not too long now, unless of course there's a delay! [[;)]]
    Still, a few more days won't hurt.

Regards,

Alex.

• last edited
    last edited

@hermitage59 said:

Still, a few more days won't hurt.

You must be kidding! A few more days of this and I'll get a hemorage!

• Canada has always trailed the US for "releases".

So does this mean 14 more days for us Northern people? [8o|]

[:D]

• [[;)]]

• last edited
    last edited

@hermitage59 said:

[[[[;)]]]]

I'll jump the day all this post whoring is going to stop, and I can only guess that's soon!!! [[[;)]]] [[[;)]]]

• Polar,

Very funny!

Regards,

Alex.

[H]

• last edited
    last edited

@hermitage59 said:

Polar,

Very funny!

Regards,
    Alex.
    [H]

You've upset the Germans now!

[:O]ops:

• last edited
    last edited

@hermitage59 said:

Polar,

Very funny!

Regards,
    Alex.
    [H]

You've upset the Germans now!

[:O]ops:

Not at all. I've given Polar the opportunity to exercise his legendary sense of humour, and come up with a masterpiece of amusement.
    And i'm in the middle of writing for a job to be finished sunday night, so any humour is welcome!

Now, to the important stuff.

3 Hours to go, Moscow time!

Regards,

Alex.

p.s. A big thank you to you Paul, and the others who helped me get started writing for pictures. Everythings working now, and not ten minutes ago the producer left considerably pleased with the results so far. Seems i'm going to be busy. The Russian scene is suffering from the same fate that seems to plague Hollywood. Repetitive Boredom.
    And i'm going to try and change that.

[H]

• last edited
    last edited

@hermitage59 said:

The Russian scene is suffering from the same fate that seems to plague Hollywood. Repetitive Boredom.

Yes but at least someone over there has apparently figured out how to use the repitition tool.

• last edited
    last edited

@hermitage59 said:

The Russian scene is suffering from the same fate that seems to plague Hollywood. Repetitive Boredom.

Yes but at least someone over there has apparently figured out how to use the repitition tool.

Hello 'Bluebeard'! How are you?

And i trust the attempt to give up smoking is going well?

As for the repetition tool, i should imagine it's working fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine!

Regards,

Alex.

[[:|]]

• last edited
    last edited

@hermitage59 said:

Not at all. I've given Polar the opportunity to exercise his legendary sense of humour, and come up with a masterpiece of amusement.
    And i'm in the middle of writing for a job to be finished sunday night, so any humour is welcome!

Now, to the important stuff.
    3 Hours to go, Moscow time!
    Regards,

Alex.
    Repetitive Boredom.
    And i'm going to try and change that.
    [H]

Polar does not have a sense of humour - please do not insult him Alex. [:D]

Do not fret about repetitive music - that is all I am doing right this instant - at least before Bleak House comes on - excellent production.

3 hours to what?

• i dont think the will say here anything until 1 pm...

thats the time they will show there new produkt for the first time... in south of germany...

• last edited
    last edited

@hermitage59 said:

And i trust the attempt to give up smoking is going well?

Be a lot easier in about 3 hours Moscow time.