Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,147 users have contributed to 42,278 threads and 254,992 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 54 new user(s).

• Do I need to download this EXC file? What the heck is it?

Evan Evans

• Herb,

Were just missing LEGATO HO-4_stp.

Many big thanks for everything else, and happy Holidays to you,
    Evan Evans

• last edited
    last edited

@Heath said:

Will Opus 1 users get some kind of Xmas stocking filler too?

I've read somewhere that at Christmas the stockings of every good boy and girl get filled [[;)]]
    Sabine

[[:D]] [:D] [[:D]]

• Many THANKS to the VSL team! Maybe Santa exists after all. Who's wearing a beard down there...? [8-)]

/Mattias

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

"Trumpet Ensemble Muted Legato (Pro Edition Performance Set EXC Holiday Special)"... what "EXC" stands for...? ...any difference with:
    "Trumpet Ensemble Muted Legato (Pro Edition Performance Set EXS Holiday Special)"

The "EXS version" was the "Trumpet Ensemble Muted Legato (Pro Edition Performance Set EXS Holiday Special)" ...I've got the same Evan's doubt...
    [[[:D]]]

• last edited
    last edited

@Heath said:

Will Opus 1 users get some kind of Xmas stocking filler too?

I've read somewhere that at Christmas the stockings of every good boy and girl get filled [[;)]]
    Sabine

i just realized that the new demo dvd includes the sustain version of the french oboe! that's really great - thanks a lot for this christmas gift!!! or is there even more to come for come for opus 1 users? we have been very good boys and girls [:D]
    cheers
    kai

• [:'(]

nothing for the first investers of the 1st edition [:'(] its cold outside

• Please don't forget, First Edition users were first and only who got a free update DVD.

best
    Herb

• thanks you so much
    These new trumpet sounds are very inspirating.
    Love you guys

[[:D]] [[:D]]

• So, uh, what's the EXC file?

Evan Evans

• Evan... they're ignoring us! [8-)]

[:D]

• Herb -

First of all, thank you! What a great gift. I only wish I had these a week ago for a project I just finished...

I'd like to ask if you will be making DVDs of these files. Since I only have a DVD-ROM, I can't make backups. When my hard drive decides to go to hard drive heaven, I won't have access to the files since you'll be pulling them off your server.

I'd be willing to pay for the DVD, so please let me know.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• Hi Kevin,

there won't be a dedicated DVD for the downloadable stuff at the moment,
    but all the samples will be part of the Symphonic Cube.

best
    Herb

• Eh eh... Evan... I told you so! [:'(]

• For people considering upgrade to the Pro Edition right now --- will these downloadable samples become part of the Pro Edition in the future? Or will they only be in the Symphonic Cube?

• I will be downloadable for registered Pro Edition users till end of January 05. After that it will only be part of the upcoming Symphonic Cube.
    (Sorry no schedules at the moment)

best
    Herb

• Anyone ever see some people posting a question about what the heck the EXC file is? If so, RESPOND!

LOL

Evan Evans

• Hi Rino and Evan,

Sorry for chipping in so late, but I have been offline in the tyrolean mountains over the weekend (a man has got to do what a man has got to do - call it an austrian walkabout... [[;)]] )

The mysterious EXC file is in fact the result of a simple typing error - when you roll your mouse over the download icon, you should be able to see it says TrC_MUTE_PERF-LEGATO_EXS.exe

We will correct the error on the website as soon as possible, we just have been so eager to get the stuff online that we did not care enough for oretoegraffy...

Best, Marnix

• Marnix,

Between you and me I knew this the instant I saw it, but I needed to get OFFICIAL clarification for the others. [;)]

Evan Evans

• Well, I hope I am OFFICIAL enough... [6]

Cheers, Marnix