Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,440 users have contributed to 42,227 threads and 254,796 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 22 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• Excellent stuff! Even I'm getting a grip on it now!

• Yeah, I think I'm about 75% there too! Can't wait to fully tinker with it to fully understand it. All my prior tinkerings did not have the practical reasoning wisdom. This info from Herb is really essential to understanding why the heck you would do what you would do with the repetition tool.

Evan Evans

• last edited
    last edited

@jbm said:

Hey Paul,

My two cents is that perhaps the application of repetitions with the Performance Tool represent a somewhat temporary solution. If you've been reading the Forum carefully (which I know you have... [;)]) you've no doubt seen little hints that the VSL are up to something really big behind the scenes. In theory, the repetition _samples_ are a brilliant idea. It's just the use of the tool that's a little weird... So, I think the repetition samples will really come into their own down the road a little.

[p.s. -- I've recently ordered a G5 as well, though I'm still awaiting shipment... I'm dying to get my hands on the bloody thing!]

Yes. I think you may have a very good point J.

Enjoy you G5 and make sure you put plenty of Ram in it. [[;)]]

PR

• Yeah... HOLY $$$$

This is an expensive business... Who ever imagined that being composer would be this pricey!??

I mean, yeah, we can make no money, but to have to spend $10,000.00 to make no money... Now, THAT'S grim! [;)]

Anyway, 1.5 GB and counting... slowly counting...

J.

• Could you please post a short example of how Repetion Samples and tool sounds.