Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,327 users have contributed to 42,293 threads and 255,051 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• Oh, gee thanks for the reference.  I have at least 20 different recordings of it (probably more) and have heard - and played - it in concert on multiple occasions, but thanks for illuminating our darkness with your (internet-obtained) brilliance.  And also - your approval of the composition. I am sure Giazotto just breathed a sigh of relief.  And many other people , who i am sure were losing sleep over whether or not you liked it.   

• last edited
    last edited

@William said:

Oh, gee thanks for the reference.  I have at least 20 different recordings of it (probably more) and have heard - and played - it in concert on multiple occasions, but thanks for illuminating our darkness with your (internet-obtained) brilliance.  And also - your approval of the composition. I am sure Giazotto just breathed a sigh of relief.  And many other people , who i am sure were losing sleep over whether or not you liked it.   

You get an invitaion to the Donaueschinger Musiktage if you are willing to play your Adagio version backward thru an Marshall cabinet

http://www.swr.de/swr2/donaueschingen/-/id=100794/nid=100794/did=2179374/ps961w/index.html

... and Remo Giazotto, respectively his legal heirs are happy when you transfer the royalties on his behalf, Remo himself only turned in his grave when he heard your mock-up

• Dear Forum-Members,

as much as I like the fact that a one year old thread is still good for a heated discussion, I ask you to keep it at a friendly tone. I'm sure you all understand and stick to that rule.

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

@Peter Emanuel Roos said:

Sorry, Holland-France is about to start :)

WOW!!!! Holland!!! The great under-achievers are doing really well. They beat both the World Cup finalists easily - just proving my point from 2 years ago that the standard of world cup teams was absolutely crap - in fact nearly the worst world cup ever.

And now we have EU countries like France and Great Britain telling the Irish members that their referendum is a pile of sh!t and they are all sh!t and everyone in the whole of the EU are sh!t - except them - because now they have to go into a flat sulk for the next 100 years. I love Europe - it's a great place - apart from the politicians. :()()()()()()()

• "Remo himself only turned in his grave when he heard your mock-up" - Angelo Clematide

This is obnoxious, coming from Angelo Clematide.  No one here has ever heard one piece of music he has done.  He has never posted ANYTHING here.  I put my stuff out for everyone to hear.  I can take constructive criticism. But sarcasm like this is a sign of a bad character. I would never ridicule someone's work.  Anyone who does so is an obnoxious jerk.

I am sure Clematide will never post any of his music - assuming he has anything - because he is afraid to do so. He is terrified of showing his incompetence as a musician and a MIDI programmer.

And so - go ahead, Clematide.  Put something up here that is better than my performance.  Let's hear what you do. 

• last edited
    last edited

@William said:

I am sure Clematide will never post any of his music - assuming he has anything - because he is afraid to do so. He is terrified of showing his incompetence as a musician and a MIDI programmer.

And so - go ahead, Clematide.  Put something up here that is better than my performance.  Let's hear what you do. 

Of course we all hoped that your lobotomy helped...

----> here a little demo all done in the box by Angelo the terrfied, demo mixed by Bruce Swedien, also terrified 

"I Believe In Angels"  (Clematide/Gosling)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/p7cpqu

• O.K., that is good.  It is a good song and performance.

you have always avoided saying one tiny positive word - one word of any kind - about all the music I have ever posted, including pieces that took me YEARS to do like Prospice - ten years -  but I won't say that something good is bad just because someone treats me like a piece of shit.

• So, Gentlemen - it's 1:1 now, and please take the discussion to PM now. No more OT replies in this thread. Thanks!

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

@William said:

O.K., that is good.  It is a good song and performance.

It is if you're into bland bland bland.

Yeah - good bland. Let's all go to the nightclub to listen to cabaret and disco. Yeah great.

• Enough already!

Let's honour Dietz' request to let this rest, whatever feelings we all may have on this subject.

Let's not forget that if we make music, we can be very vulnarable when it comes to the things that have come from our heart (my feeling is that this applies to "both sides" in this match, to paraphraze Dietz).

Let's move on to share knowledge, ideas and constructive criticisms.

All the best,

Peter

• last edited
    last edited

@Peter Emanuel Roos said:

Enough already!

Let's honour Dietz' request to let this rest, whatever feelings we all may have on this subject.

Let's not forget that if we make music, we can be very vulnarable when it comes to the things that have come from our heart (my feeling is that this applies to "both sides" in this match, to paraphraze Dietz).

Let's move on to share knowledge, ideas and constructive criticisms.

All the best,

Peter

Jesus H Christ Peter!!!!!!! WTF are you talking about!!!!!

You CANNOT make constructive criticism about ANYONE"S music on an internet forum. You have to make POLITE criticism and that is an entirely different thing.

Vulnerable????!!! My God - it's a good thing a lot of so-called wanna be musicians today weren't at my college nearly 40 years ago because they would have been reduced to a dirty spot on the carpet and developed personality disorders in very quick 2/4 time by now.

You CANNOT share musical knowledge on the internet. You can share knowledge about computers and samples for sure - but not anything that makes musical sense in any way shape or form. Just forget any of that. The only musical comments anyone can make are solely personal to them and may not make any sense, in context, to the person they are addressed.

I agree with William. A thing like Prospice takes a lot of musical skill and thought. I HATE the word talent. It's not like writing some half-a$$ed meaningless, meandering disco, filmscorey, I-just-copied-John Williams - again - new wave -pedal note on the synth -CRAP. My cats can do THAT by just walking up and down the Kurz on patch 42.

I write tons of rubbish. I get told it's rubbish all the time. I move on to the next thing and hope it's better. I don't lose sleep or friendships over it. I don't let any of that bother me. I accept it because I was TAUGHT to accept it. Anyone who thinks they're good all of the time needs a lot of therapeutic care.

Vulnerable indeed!! God Sake.

• Well apparently that's your feeling on this.

I hope you can see that it's your feeling and not a fact.

BTW: from your reaction I think my "heart" remark may still be appropriate.

I think you react so furiously because you feel hurt in the spot where your passion for music is.

Polite or constructive, thanks for the lesson, but I don't see the difference so much.

Spend some time watching your cats walking up and down the Kurz and enjoy it.