Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,581 users have contributed to 42,242 threads and 254,853 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• If I recall this correctly even Stravinsky was sewed for borrowing another composer's material! How about that? Maybe it's after that he came up with that quote.... [:D]

• I'd better keep my head down then.

• good point Guy - Stravinsky was indeed convicted of stealing. As is every self-respecting artist/composer/writer/philosopher/architect/storyteller/human.

• last edited
    last edited

@strawinsky said:

Oh, and Ron H: you're not THE Ron H, are you? 'Cos that would make a lot of sense. Hehehehe!

Well tell me mister smart-guy................(hehehehe?.............)
    Jesus(LOL)....what a bunch of sad people here.......... [8-)]
    Probably all suffering a livetime composers-block...............( [:D] )
    Well ...Hold on! or I should better say Let go! and go fishing or something....... [:D]

• And when all's said and done, yes, it does sound like the Rite. The virgin is going up to the cliff or whatever it is they throw her off.

But it's a very skillfully written piece.

• And Stravinski's Pulcinella is a bunch of Pergolesi tunes - except that Stravinsky said, "The only thing I like of Pergolesi is Pulcinella."

Although according to the link below, it's not Pergolesi. Who knows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_Battista_Pergolesi

• last edited
    last edited

@strawinsky said:

Oh, and Ron H: you're not THE Ron H, are you? 'Cos that would make a lot of sense. Hehehehe!

Well tell me mister smart-guy................(hehehehe?.............)
    Jesus(LOL)....what a bunch of sad people here.......... [8-)]
    Probably all suffering a livetime composers-block...............( [:D] )
    Well ...Hold on! or I should better say Let go! and go fishing or something....... [:D]

I'm not sad: I'm just starting work on two feature films. In fact, I'm rather happy. Please, let's hear some of YOUR music, then perhaps we could all defer to true,unsullied, influence-free genius.Just kidding: you're probably hans Zimmer with a pseudonym. [;)]

Thanks, Nick. It's one of several tracks for music library (along with Dark City and others which aren't on this site). so, soundalike is the order of the day. Judging by the reactions, I've succeeded. Still loving the mag, BTW.

• last edited
    last edited

@Nick Batzdorf said:

And Stravinski's Pulcinella is a bunch of Pergolesi tunes - except that Stravinsky said, "The only thing I like of Pergolesi is Pulcinella."

Wow, what a great sentence.

• talk to talk...

If we are talking about tonal music I imagine at some point in time we will have exhausted nearly any musical theme possible... [:'(] So we will just be reinterpreting what's been done before, which does not make it less valuable either...

• WHO THE FUCK IS RON H?

Am I missing somethig here?

[:D] [:D] [:D]

• ...apart from the "n" in something? Hahaha!Paul, you're hilarious, and it's great to have you back. Guy's right: only so many notes, but one can still sound original. Like, I think Arvo Part manages to reinvent the religious style into something new, yet strangely ancient-sounding, yet staying quite tonal.

• Who the f### is PaulR ,that he think he can shout like that?
    Is he missing his mind?

• just to have that said before any replies - we don't accept flames here.
    christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Thanks Igor, glad you like it.

• Actually, i get more out of it than Sound On Sound. That's got to make you happy! It's so authoritative and useful.

• oh never mind...

• last edited
    last edited

@William said:

oh never mind...

Now that's what I call a intelligent edit ! [+o(]

• last edited
    last edited

@Ron H. said:

Who the f### is PaulR ,that he think he can shout like that?
    Is he missing his mind?

So you're foreign then? Crap English is always a giveaway.

• you've been warned ...
    every thread referring to this squabbling will be deleted immediately

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.