Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,381 users have contributed to 42,222 threads and 254,773 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Wow, as soon as the discount can be applied I'm ordering. At this price I can understand that there would be no further upgrade discounts to full libraries. But this is a great start.

• Hi Christian,

does that means that the Special Edtion (and other VI) comes with a ViennaKey ?

M.

• This discount for Opus 1 users is not for a limited time like your appasonata strings deal, correct? Also, any idea on the scheduled release date?

THANK YOU GUYS SOOO MUCH for not forgetting about us Opus users! I love your products and cant wait to join the VI family. THANK YOU!!

• I have Opus One but no discount is applied in the final pre-order.

in "Your Price" I get 390 EUR for the Full Library (after logging in); but as I click on "pre-order", I'm charged for 810 EUR.

What's going wrong?

• Coqui,

We are currently working on this particular part of our webshop and hopefully all pages will display the proper discounts by tomorrow!

Please do not worry, your price as an owner of Opus 1 will indeed be 390,- EUR for the Full Library of the Special Edition.

Best, Marnix

• First guys, thanks for the generous offer. Opus 1+2 user here. [:D]

Would it be possible to confirm the articulation list is the same as in Opus 1?

Are trills, snap pizz or col legno and muted strings etc.. part of the content?

And if i understand correctly, i cant get i second dongle? ..not that i like them. [:D] But can i use the one that came with samplitude or Independence?

Thank you!

• last edited
    last edited

@Michel said:

So, what are the articulations, specificaly of the Opus1, that are missing in this Special Edition ? [...]

I would like to know this too. Would it be possible for VSL to compile a list?

• Shiiit - I'm even considering this - putting it on a laptop for travel work.

What a steal! I would be oooone very happy camper if I were an Opus user! [H]

• last edited
    last edited

@Christian Marcussen said:

What a steal! I would be oooone very happy camper if I were an Opus user! [H]

You bet! [:P]

• Is the Bösendorfer of the Special Edition the complete thing or a reduced version?
    More detailed info about the articulations would be appreciated. Btw. isn't it a bit unintuitive that the Product Info button gives information about individual articulations while the Articulations button doesn't?

• Hi all,
    I'm a Opus 1 and 2 user, according to you has sense to buy VI Special Edition?
    I don't want to waste my money uselessly and I'm a little confused
    Thanks for your answers
    best wishes
    Stefano

• last edited
    last edited

@stevefire said:

Hi all,
    I don't want to waste my money uselessly and I'm a little confused
    Thanks for your answers
    best wishes
    Stefano

This is a very good point. Apart from a new GUI (?), which are the advantages of VSE in respect of Opus 1&2?

PS - Was the Overdrive guitar really necessary in an orchestral lib? IMO, some more samples, to say, in the violin section, in place of the electric guitar, would be more appreciated.

• I think you guys should reed the instrument list again. Opus 1+2 = 35 GB. VI SE regular + extended content = 80 GB.

And 24 bit, assuming it is, will add dept.

• Hi all,
    i've ordered Special Edition Vienna Instruments with Vienna Key, now the discount it works (I'm Opus 1 and 2 user) and so I proceeded with the payment but in the last page (the summary of my payment) I can see the discount but the total is 829€!!!!!!
    What's happened?
    Qty Item Price
    1 Special Edition Vienna Instruments Standard Library 345 €
    1 Special Edition Vienna Instruments Extended Library 465 €
    1 Discount on Vienna Instruments for registered Products -420 €
    1 ViennaKey Vienna Instruments not applicable 19 €
    Total 829 €[/img]

• Good news
    Herb, could you tell us about the piano and the harpsichord, what is missing compare to the real ones ?

BTW, I will buy the Harmonium Harpsichord volume, any idea when it'll be out ?

I wish I was young with no sound library, this offer is perfect for beginners too !!, You will sell a lot of Special Edition

[:)]

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

It depends if you want to have all the new instruments included, 24 Bit quality and the features of the Vienna Instruments sample player engine. Generally the content is more than the double size of Opus 1.

best
    Herb

• last edited
    last edited

@Anonymous Joe said:

I think you guys should reed the instrument list again. Opus 1+2 = 35 GB. VI SE regular + extended content = 80 GB.

Thank you for the quick lesson: considering that with VSE you get a piano, an organ, two guitars, lots of small percussions etc etc I had little doubts about this.

I was just wondering what you get in terms of pure orchestral samples beyond Opus 1&2 (i.e., Opus 2 has strings repetitions and runs, Opus 1 has strings with sordino and other interesting features like the Bartok pizzicato etc).

• stevefire - don't worry, the order shows the correct values ... seems the text for the confirmation email has to be checked ...
    christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Hi,
    I have the VSI Cube all extended but I am showing no discount. I do have Vienna Instruments Symphonic Cube don't I?

Cheers

• sorry, series of teething problems ... applied a quick fix, though your discount will show up as discount for opus ... hope you don't mind for now.
    christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.