Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,204 users have contributed to 42,282 threads and 255,009 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 60 new user(s).

• One further thought: if I could install it on the smaller hard drive (the 60 GB), and assuming that worked, could I then MOVE the library later to the hard drive I'd like to use? Or is that a bad idea?

• Okay, it doesn't work on the other external hard drive either.

So now I'm really stumped. I can't seem to load the library onto any external hard drive. [:(]

All suggestions welcome!

Steve Main

• Hi Steve. You mentioned FAT32 file format? Does that mean you're using Windows 98? If so, that might be a problem with Vienna Instruments.

P.S. This is just a wild guess, I'm no tech. Apologies if I got it wrong!

• Hi Conquer, no, I'm running Windows XP Home Edition, and every other sample library I own (and I own a lot!) all load and run perfectly on it.

My external hard drives are all USB connected, and they're all working fine.

I'm really stuck here... unless someone can help me, I don't think I can use the Vienna Special Edition software... this is a real problem... [:(]

Any help, anyone? I sure do appreciate it!

Thanks,
    Steve Main

• After two days of trying everything thinkable and 'unthinkable' the Syncrosoft LCC still refuses to get installed on my XP-machine. Whatever I try ... in the end the machine freezes.
    This means I even cannot install the standard and the extended library of the Vienna SE on my machine.
    You can imagine how I feel. I did mail Christian about this 'problem' but I still haven't heard from him.
    It's okay when you try to protect your software, but when it comes at a price like this ...

• last edited
    last edited

@stmain said:

Okay, it doesn't work on the other external hard drive either.

So now I'm really stumped. I can't seem to load the library onto any external hard drive. [:(]

All suggestions welcome!

Steve Main

It does work on external drives, although from my experience USB is not the way to go. If you install the library onto an internal disk and then copy it, it should work, providing that you run Directory Manager afterwards to "tell" the player where the sample data is.

DG

• Thanks DG....

So maybe I'll try that.... Unfortunately, I'll have to UN-load soem stuff off my internal hard-drive first -- like, other sample libraries!

This is quite an involved process, I must say.... I've NEVER had a sample library be this complicated to install!

But I can hardly wait to use it!

• Paul pm'd me, and suggested to turn off my anti-viral software, and THIS APPEARS TO BE WORKING! [[[:D]]] [[[:D]]] [[[:D]]]

So, good future note in case other people run up against this problem.... the AV software may not allow you to install the libraries. I didn't expect this since my other libraries passed through just fine. Anyway, IT'S LOADING NOW!

Thanks to all who contributed suggestions, I really appreciate it so much.

Steve Main

• steve, could you please name the AV software to have that filed - so far norton and zone alarm is on my list of suspects as well as the OS X built in firewall in stealth-mode.
    christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Hi Christian, yes of course:

It's Norton 360, latest version. I'm not very happy with it, for the same reasons that everybody else isn't happy with it, so I'm probably not going to have it for long!

Hope that helps. And vielen Dank for all your patience with me!

Steve