Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,350 users have contributed to 42,293 threads and 255,053 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 54 new user(s).

• Thanks for the replies guys ! The main reason i havent checked it is cause i dont really want to shell out for the 2 extra gigs if it doesnt work [:D]
    Yea, i dont really want to use edit.bin as im not comepletly tweek savy either, but maybe i should try your util Mattias when i get the down time to experiment on my system (should be soon).. my email is vertigosound@sympatico.ca [:)]

Thanks again..Best , Rich

• last edited
    last edited

@Rich Pell said:

Thanks for the replies guys ! The main reason i havent checked it is cause i dont really want to shell out for the 2 extra gigs if it doesnt work [:D]
    Yea, i dont really want to use edit.bin as im not comepletly tweek savy either, but maybe i should try your util Mattias when i get the down time to experiment on my system (should be soon).. my email is vertigosound@sympatico.ca [:)]

Thanks again..Best , Rich

Rich please be aware that it might not be an extra 2 gigs. In order to run 3gigs I had to replace 2 sticks and to run 4 gigs I had to replace all 4, so I now have loads of 512Mb RAM sticks hanging around waiting for a good home!!

DG

• Hi DG,

Hmm. well it should be o.k here i think.. using the GA-K8NS ultra 939. Which can take 4 -1 gb sticks. Right now i have 2- 1 GB sticks Corsair DDR-400 twinX. Do they all have to be matching pairs or something?

Rich

• last edited
    last edited

@Rich Pell said:

Hi DG,

Hmm. well it should be o.k here i think.. using the GA-K8NS ultra 939. Which can take 4 -1 gb sticks. Right now i have 2- 1 GB sticks Corsair DDR-400 twinX. Do they all have to be matching pairs or something?

Rich

It depends on various things. You should be OK with your set-up, but only time will tell!!

DG

• In my case .. 'various ' meaning what ? [[;)]] Prepare me for the worst !! [:P] Rich

• last edited
    last edited

@Rich Pell said:

In my case .. 'various ' meaning what ? [[;)]] Prepare me for the worst !! [:P] Rich

Chipset, BIOS, drivers, weather, whatever... [:)] As one example my MSI Neo2 Ultra (also 939) refuse to work with 4 equal 1GB TwinMos sticks. 2 TwinMos and 2 Selectra works great though, go figure.

/Mattias

• last edited
    last edited

@Rich Pell said:

In my case .. 'various ' meaning what ? [[;)]] Prepare me for the worst !! [:P] Rich

Chipset, BIOS, drivers, weather, whatever... [:)] As one example my MSI Neo2 Ultra (also 939) refuse to work with 4 equal 1GB TwinMos sticks. 2 TwinMos and 2 Selectra works great though, go figure.

/Mattias

Hmm. sounds like it may be one of those quirky.."I mayget it to work one day senerios" !
    Thanks Alot for the "Util" Mattias ! I just got it...i may have some questions come tweeking time..Thanks alot guys.. Best, Rich

• last edited
    last edited

@Rich Pell said:

/Mattias

Hmm. sounds like it may be one of those quirky.."I mayget it to work one day senerios" !
    Thanks Alot for the "Util" Mattias ! I just got it...i may have some questions come tweeking time..Thanks alot guys.. Best, Rich
    One last thought. If you get your RAM from a dealer such a Crucial you might be able to return it within a certain period of time if it turns out not to be suitable.

DG

• Thanks DG ! Well , all this may be a moot if i cant make Samplitude LAA with Mattias`s Util. I`ll let you know soon. I have a feeling it wont work since even 1 character change in Samps.exe will render the CM stick protection useless apparently..damb dongle.. [:(] Talk soon , Rich

• Hi... Anyone tried this on a 3 or 3,5 GB system? Any significant difference in what can be loaded?

• last edited
    last edited

@Christian Marcussen said:

Hi... Anyone tried this on a 3 or 3,5 GB system? Any significant difference in what can be loaded?

I haven't tried 3.5GB, but I guess that it would be the same as 4GB. Between 3 and 4GB there is approximately a difference of 100MB when it comes to sample loading.

DG

• Sweet... becuase most of my slaves have 4x512mb. If I can do with 3,5GB taking out one 512 and a single 2GB ram peice would be enough.

• last edited
    last edited

Sweet... becuase most of my slaves have 4x512mb. If I can do with 3,5GB taking out one 512 and a single 2GB ram peice would be enough.

If........................! My slaves work with paired memory, so that I can only get 3 or 4GB; not 3.5. They also have to fill all slots.[:(]

DG

• Cant't you put whatever you want in them? In my 4 slots I can put any combination, but to take use of Dual-Channel it must be the same size ram. But the ram boost from dual channel shouldnt have any say on how many samples I can load

• last edited
    last edited

Cant't you put whatever you want in them? In my 4 slots I can put any combination, but to take use of Dual-Channel it must be the same size ram. But the ram boost from dual channel shouldnt have any say on how many samples I can load

No, unfortunately mine doesn't like anything but pairs of RAM.

DG

• Sucky - admitedly I haven't tried. But in theory it should work. What mother board you useing - you know?

• last edited
    last edited

Sucky - admitedly I haven't tried. But in theory it should work. What mother board you useing - you know?

I'll email you the specs when I get a chance.

DG

• How does this work on ones main daw, or regular word/gaming/office PC?

• last edited
    last edited

How does this work on ones main daw, or regular word/gaming/office PC?

Christian, is this question related to the original topic as such?

/Mattias

• last edited
    last edited

How does this work on ones main daw, or regular word/gaming/office PC?

Christian, is this question related to the original topic as such?

/Mattias

ummm, i would think so? I'm asking how this memory tweak affects ones non-slave computers. My main daw is the same one i use for things like writing/gaming/emails etc - So to me, and others in the same situation its quite relevant and related.... Maybe I'm not understanding your question correctly - I mean, how can it not be related?