Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

189,119 users have contributed to 42,649 threads and 256,716 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 57 new user(s).

• Compliment to Christian Kardeis & Dietz Tinhof !!!

I compared I Promenade and IV The Old Castle with a recording made in 1994 with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. After a while i didn't knew which one is a real orchestra, sometimes i even liked the virtual one better.

Amazing.

Makes me feel that we made the right choice.

• I like the demos very much, but as i've written in a separate thread, the intonation is the main problem, which makes some passages sound not realistic, specially in Unisonos...

I think, it's an absolute must for further updates, that the VI-s have the opportunity of a centwise random detuning (like the EXS24 has).
    Its really amazing, how much more realistic a unisono passage sounds with a random detuning of +/- 10-15 Cents.
    (even if in reality the situation is probably more complex;some instruments play more exact some less)

Greets:
    HTF

• last edited
    last edited

@Happy Tree Friend said:

I like the demos very much, but as i've written in a separate thread, the intonation is the main problem, which makes some passages sound not realistic, specially in Unisonos...

I think, it's an absolute must for further updates, that the VI-s have the opportunity of a centwise random detuning (like the EXS24 has).
    Its really amazing, how much more realistic a unisono passage sounds with a random detuning of +/- 10-15 Cents.
    (even if in reality the situation is probably more complex;some instruments play more exact some less)

Greets:
    HTF

De-tuning option would be very nice to have.

Rob

• One quicky: in the Great Gate, about 1:40 in, string players play these downward runs with long full bows. Lots of weight, and the entire bow. More pronounced, even sounding somewhat accented. At about 1:52ish you cannot even hear the strings, only low brass. This is not quite accurate, and my only comment. Thanks.

• Dietz, are the 5.1 mixes still available? If so, could you post a working link? I can't seem to find them.

Thanks,
    Jay

• The link obviously became obsolete during some internal restructuring of the site ... I asked CM to look into this. Thanks for your interest, Jay.

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • The whole "Pictures" will be available again soon on our "Projects"-Page. We'll keep you posted.

• Just in case you didn't see it yourself already: The 5.1 mixes are now available for download in our Demo-Zone, under Classical / *M* / *title*. You still have to have a WMA-compatible player, though.

-> http://vsl.co.at/en-us/67/3920/4698.vsl

HTH,

• PaulP Paul moved this topic from Orchestration & Composition on