Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,575 users have contributed to 42,749 threads and 257,191 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• NEW: Synchron Solo Violin & Synchron Solo Cello

last edited
    last edited

Hi everybody,

We are super proud to present your with Synchron Solo Violin and Synchron Solo Cello! Add both to your basket and get additional 10% off!

Recorded in Stage A of Synchron Stage Vienna, capturing the natural flow of captivating performances.

11 mic positions (3 close mics!!), a large selection of presets including several positions on stage (center, solo, 1st chair).

8 short articulations in several variations, different sustains, legato with 3 vibrato options, lyrical legato, zigane legato, different dynamics, tremolos and measured tremolos, trills, pizzicatos, harmonics and more are included in these libraries.

The cello also comes with a few effects articulations.

Make sure to install the Synchron Player update! Not only is it necessary to run these new libraries, but it also comes with awesome new features including a slot-crossfade editor that also allows for non-linear value exact slot changes, as well as a slot sequencer.

Best of all: You can use these features with any other Synchron library as well!

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Glad I've been asked to help on the release. Thanks for the trust, everybody 💙

Hello my friends and welcome back, Vincent here | Composer for film and media | VSL Content Creator
  • i've been waiting for this one, but can you offer demo licensed?

• Hi mehrshad,

No demo licenses for these brand-new product, but you know that we are offering hassle-free returns within 14 days when purchasing on our website.

• Hi, I will be purchasing in the next few days and am looking forward to the new instruments!

2 questions:
    Is there no extra discount this time for the owners of the VI Solo Strings (I have all VI solo Strings)?

Is it known when the instruments will also be supported by Noteperformer Playback Engines?

• Paul, what's up with your hair? 😀

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • Hi

@Andreas-1 said:
    2 questions:
    Is there no extra discount this time for the owners of the VI Solo Strings (I have all VI solo Strings)?

Is it known when the instruments will also be supported by Noteperformer Playback Engines?

1) No extra discount, as these are all brand-new samples.
    2) We'll try to make that work as soon as possible, but I can't give you a date yet.

@Bill: Blending in with the musicians 😉

• @Andreas-1 said:

Hi, I will be purchasing in the next few days and am looking forward to the new instruments!

2 questions:

The discounts for VI series have always been available toward Synchron-ized instruments, but never so far as I am aware for Synchron instruments.

This makes sense because Synchron-ized instruments are not new samples, just VI samples reworked for the Synchron Player.

Hobbyist Sy Woods, Brass, Perc I, Str Pro, Elite Str, Duality Str & Sordino, Prime Syz Woods, Perc, Solo Str, Ch Str, Orch Str, App Str, Harps, Choir, Dim Brass, Dim Strings VE Pro, MIR Pro 3D, Vienna Suite Pro Cubase 13, Studio One 6, Dorico 5
  • @DaddyO said:
    @Andreas-1 said:

Hi, I will be purchasing in the next few days and am looking forward to the new instruments!

2 questions:

The discounts for VI series have always been available toward Synchron-ized instruments, but never so far as I am aware for Synchron instruments.

This makes sense because Synchron-ized instruments are not new samples, just VI samples reworked for the Synchron Player.

I thought that I got a discount for my Synchron Percussion, but perhaps I'm wrong or it was an exceptional case.

• Hi,

first of all congratulations for these solo strings. They sound awesome and remarkably realistic. And especially they realy blend in splendidly in terms of soundwith the duality strings.

I have a few questions:

1.) I love the flageolet glissandi in the Cello FX sections. Will you provide these for the violin (and following up the other instuments to be released)as well at a later point?

2.) I assume there will be a viola and a doulble bass to be released later? Will there also be a second violin?

• Hi patrik,

Thanks for the kind words!

I'm afraid I cannot answer both questions... but there is a long wishlist we'd like to cover, and we'll announce any new plans/products when we're ready!

• Hello Paul

Are the legato have the same problem of the VI version i.e. obliged to press on the "sustain" pedal to have long legato and to have multiple same note ?

• Kudos for this release! A well designed library overall with a plethora of articulations. Surprised by the expressiveness and tasteful vibrato options – not the usual "sterile" sound one always hears when talking about VSL. 😉

But I have one (little) point of criticism:

• Even tough the legatos are way better than the ensemble strings (especially Duality Strings), you can – again – hear that the releases are cut during the intervals and after the sustaining note. All Synchron libraries suffer from this. I think it's because of the sustain crossfading instead of dedicated landing notes? If you compare the legatos to the sustains you hear the difference. I know that ambient legatos are not easy, but, in my opinion, this missing release is crucial and needs to be fixed.

And two other things:

• As I'm not a big fan of key-switching I'm happy to see that you managed to integrate "Sequence Map" we know from VI Pro. Please finally give us "Interval Map", too. It could be achieved with the same approach, i.e. with a dedicated controller distinguishing between starting and interval note. It gives us more options, especially combining short and long notes. The different recorded legato attacks are nice, but I want to add spiccatos or staccatos on the attacks, or achieve many other things I have in mind.
    • The new crossfade editor is also a very good feature. But what about adding a delay option? It could be handy for some kind of progressive vibrato (or other things). I also always imagined that a delay could enhance the humanization control, too. But that's another topic.

• After listening to Guy's piece I decide to buy them both 😀

• I got the new solo violin and cello. Overall, they sound very good. It seems that the legato patches are softer than many of the other articulations. I hope there is an easy way to get the legato playing to match the rest of the instrument.

I cannot find a way to play progressive vibrato. How is this made possible? Is there a Manuel for the violin? Perhaps reading through this material will help me with some new features.

Did the open strings get recorded? I only hear the open G and C on the instruments.

Thank you for reading.