Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,223 users have contributed to 42,284 threads and 255,018 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Hello Dietz,

Thanks for the helpful answers.

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Did you try to uninstall and reinstall the latest versions of VE Pro and MIR Pro from within Vienna Assistant yet?

Uninstalling using the Uninstall app in the same folder as MIRPro and then re-installing via the updated Vienna Assistant solved it - many thanks Paul.

By the way - Roompack 7 is STUNNING.

• Hi Louis,

great that this worked for you, and thanks for your friendly words!

Enjoy MIR 3D,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hello again Dietz,

It looks like in MIR roles, under Dimension Strings, Cello Player 5's preset is missing. Am I right, or did you know this already?

Also, does MIR Pro's audio output return to VE? This would mean any effect applied to the master channel in VE would be post-MIR (?). 

Thanks.

• Re. Missing Dimension Cello 5: Oh, I see  - but only for Vienna Konzerthaus Großer Saal (Great Hall) and Mozartsaal, AFAICS. That's an oversight that must have happend during the conversion process from MIRx. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for reporting. I'll make sure that this small hickup will be fixed ASAP.

Re. MIR's output: Yes, as long as you don't use individual output routings for a channel and/or MIR's exclusive "wet only" routing option, MIR's complete output will appear on the chosen master bus. Any processing that takes place there will of course also affect MIR, therefore.

HTH.

• Hello Dietz,

I've just invested in Room pack 3 for MIR Pro3D.

When I click on 'Roles' in the Steinhofkirche GUI neither of the Room pack 3 venues appear. I can see Teldex / Gateshead / Pernegg / Synchron (of the room packs I don't have) plus Room pack 1 (which I do), but nothing for pack 3. Pack 3 is listed on Options - Preferences in the same location as pack 1 on my external hard drive. The instruments are all visible in the church graphic.

Can you explain what has happened to these roles for pack 3?

With thanks.

• Hi,

Not all Venues come with "Role"-presets for Vienna Instruments / Synchron-ized Instruments. In quite a few cases size and nature of a room defy its use for standard orchestra seating - as great as they might sound. 

But apart from that you should be able to load you new Venues from MIR 3D's Venue Selection dialog at t the bottom of the Venue Map. If you don't see all your licensed Venues in this browser then there either went something wrong with the installation (downloading alone is not enough!) or the license transfer.

HTH,

• Thanks for clarifying this. It was only looking for the non-existing roles that was the problem - I have everything else working and visible (the 9-10 second reverb length is wild!).

• last edited
    last edited

That's good to hear !

@Oceanview said:

(the 9-10 second reverb length is wild!).

Yes, they are. Andone of the reasons why I didn't create "Standard Roles" for this beautiful space, simply because it's soooo non-standard ... 😊

Enjoy MIR 3D!

• I wonder whether it might be helpful to make that point in the product description?

One compositional observation I could make is that such a long reverb poses some interesting challenges and opportunities for the type of music one makes to work with it. 

In the longer term I will need to figure out if it is possible to generate any surround-sound (such as binaural) mixes with MIRPro3D if the audio is being exported from Sibelius.

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

In the longer term I will need to figure out if it is possible to generate any surround-sound (such as binaural) mixes with MIRPro3D if the audio is being exported from Sibelius.

Andreas Olszewski is our local scoring app guru, but I seem to remember that Sibelius support only stereo output. You might need an additional host like VE Pro or a full-fledged DAW for this task.