Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,398 users have contributed to 42,296 threads and 255,064 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• That's true, but I think in this case it was about MIR 3D anyway (... at least that's how I understood the inquiry).

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • I've had similar problems getting surround to work in Logic with VE Pro.  The best I've been able to do is start out in 5.1, then reselect the VE Pro AU3 in 5.1 mode.  Then convert the Logic project to 7.1. and it can sometimes convert the VE Pro to recognize that it is in 7.1.  You have to do this while still connected.  But I've never been able to get to 7.1.2 Dolby.  It just doesn't recognize that format in VE Pro AU3.  And at this point it only presents stereo types of connections if you try to reinstantiate the plugin.

• That's a drag.  I tried put the VST3 version of VePro plugin inside meta plugin hoster (in 7.1.4 mode)...and that doesn't work either.

Not exactly sure how anyone has ever been able to use VePro in surround mode?

• Did you use the surround VST3 plugin?  There's a special one in VST3 for that.

• yes

• I'm not having any luck with Cubase so far either...admittedly I still need to learn about whether I am setting up a surround mix properly in Cubase, probably not...but the VePro Surround.VST3 will not connect to my 7.1.4 instance in VePro.

• I don't have Cubase so I haven't tried this, but the VE Pro manual in the VE Pro Plugins section describes that you can set the channel configuration in the plugin instance preferences.  Does this work as shown?  This seems to be unique to the VST3 surround plugin.

• oh that's new info...thanks for that.  Stay tuned.

The option is there I see it, I selected 7.1.4 format...but it still can't connect to there 7.1.4 Vepro instance.

• Try connecting to a new instance and then change the configuration using the instance preferences.

• I was able to connect just now by putting VeProSurround.VST3 inside MetaPlugin (in 7.1.4 mode).  Then I was able to connect to it from that instance...but alas....this limits me to only 16 midi channels due to limitations of MetaPlugin....so its not really a useful solution right now...  But at least I was able to actually connect from SOMETHING in 7.1.4 mode to VePro in 7.1.4 mode.

Well I don't know why it wouldn't work from cubase, but I probably have to learn more about setting up a proper surround mix in Cubase.

LogicPro simply does not work...AU and AU3 I think are supposed to automatically detect when they are on surround channels and do the right thing, but its not working with VePro.AU or VePro.AU3

That's all I will have time for on this, giving up for now.  If I want to do surround MirPro3D mixes I will simply not use VePro..its too complicated and doesn't seem to work very well or even at all in some cases.

• https://forum.vsl.co.at/topic/59310/Spatialising Synchron Strings An Unorthodox Approach/312601