Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,314 users have contributed to 42,390 threads and 255,487 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 64 new user(s).

• Hi musicman691, 

Please confirm that you are working with Vienna Assistant 1.0.129 (lower left corner). 

I cannot reproduce this here.... It would be very good to have your screenshots illustrating your findings, also as "proof" for our developers: support@vsl.co.at

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi musicman691, 

Please confirm that you are working with Vienna Assistant 1.0.129 (lower left corner). 

I cannot reproduce this here.... It would be very good to have your screenshots illustrating your findings, also as "proof" for our developers: support@vsl.co.at

Best, 
    Paul

Unfortunately I don't have anything that needs updating so I can't provide you with screenshots. What specific shots do you need/want? Can't show the activity monitor circling in the gui with a still shot and I don't have the ability to do a movie. I checked my security setting in OSX and I have it set to allow install from everywhere. And yes I am running 1.0.129.

Am surprised this can't be reproduced on your end. It's not just one time that it happened but everytime since the Assistant went to silent install. I've seen issues before with installers that do silent install on my machine; and thankfully those installers allow a choice of silent or regular install. I'm thinking given what I'm seeing that it's the silent install messing things up.

• Does one need to have licences activated on the ilok to be able to insure it (zero down time). I have none on there yet. It won't let me get past review order. I appreciate this isn't the right forum to ask this question but someone may know and if so, please help. the ilok site support steers me through some highly edited questions with nothing among them that might answer this.

I was hoping to insure the thing at the ready so when I try the transition insurance it's already done.

Thank you if you can help but if thought irrelevant, so be it.

• last edited
    last edited

@Firefrost said:

Does one need to have licences activated on the ilok to be able to insure it (zero down time). I have none on there yet. It won't let me get past review order. I appreciate this isn't the right forum to ask this question but someone may know and if so, please help. the ilok site support steers me through some highly edited questions with nothing among them that might answer this.

I was hoping to insure the thing at the ready so when I try the transition insurance it's already done.

Thank you if you can help but if thought irrelevant, so be it.

You need to have at least one license on the iLok in order to get ZDT. Otherwise there's nothing to insure except a piece of plastic and a circuit. What you could do is get another piece of inexpensive s/w that uses iLok and put that on the iLok and then go for ZDT. Why not just wait and get ZDT when you do the transition? Do you have any s/w that can use iLok - if so then put the license on said iLok.

• Thank you!

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

I'm having the exact same issue. I'm on a Mac Pro 2009 (4.1) running High Sierra 10.13.6. The Assistant is stuck on installing to /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST. I tried installing the Syncron Player manually using the download from Assistant, which worked OK and appears as Installed after restarting Assistant. Assistant is V1.0.1.129, I have not tried any previous versions.

Stein Tore

@Paul said:

Hi musicman691, 

Best, 
    Paul

Unfortunately I don't have anything that needs updating so I can't provide you with screenshots. What specific shots do you need/want? Can't show the activity monitor circling in the gui with a still shot and I don't have the ability to do a movie. I checked my security setting in OSX and I have it set to allow install from everywhere. And yes I am running 1.0.129.

Am surprised this can't be reproduced on your end. It's not just one time that it happened but everytime since the Assistant went to silent install. I've seen issues before with installers that do silent install on my machine; and thankfully those installers allow a choice of silent or regular install. I'm thinking given what I'm seeing that it's the silent install messing things up.

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi musicman691, 

Best, 
    Paul

Sorry that you're having the same problem I'm having but also glad to know it's not just me. I don't look at the page you show but another one and it shows the circular thing that looks like a dot chasing itself in a circle. My troubles started when they went to silent install on Vienna Assistant. Major thing I don't like is the Assistant auto-updating when it starts.

• Hi guys, 

I wonder if this helps, please give it a try: 

1) Uninstall your VSL software with the Vienna Assistant

2) Install the software with the Vienna Assistant again. 

This should remove and update everything like it should have right away. 

Please let me know if this worked. 

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi guys, 

Best, 
    Paul

Do you mean uninstall and reinstall the sample libraries as well? That's not a good thing. You're missing the problem - this started when silent install happened.

edit:

I just tried this with the Synchron Player and it still hung up. Thankfully the installer was downloaded. Had to do a force quite because I got an 'application not responding" message when clicking on the OSX Dock.

• The saga with Vienna Assistant grows. Tried uninstalling s/w from the Vienna Assistant and it won't uninstall. Oh it starts but never completes the task. Verified by going to my Applications folder and can still open the different s/w. Have to do the uninstall using the uninstaller that the installer installs. Now when I go to install something from the Assistant I get the SSBD - spinning beachball of death.

This is NOT good and needs to be fixed.

And yes I have a fresh install of Vienna Assistant.

• Hi musicman691,

Please contact me via support@vsl.co.at or PM, I'd like to take a closer look at this. 

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi musicman691,

Please contact me via support@vsl.co.at or PM, I'd like to take a closer look at this. 

Best, 
    Paul

Just sent you an email. This is frustrating and it appears I'm not the only one with this issue.

• Hi, 

Not sure if that comes across on this beautiful sunday, but I'm really doing my best to help. 

Already discussing this with our developers. 

Thanks for your patience. 

Best, 
    Paul

• It's appreciated Paul! Even with the latest Vienna assistant, VEPro for Ilok still won't load my DP projects, it says VE MAS presets are missing. So I'm still using the elicenser version. Hoping a solution comes soon. Thanks again for your efforts. I know you are working very hard these days!

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

Not sure if that comes across on this beautiful sunday, but I'm really doing my best to help. 

Already discussing this with our developers. 

Thanks for your patience. 

Best, 
    Paul

Your help is appreciated but something like this should have been caught in testing.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

I tried the steps you suggested, but I'm not able to uninstall anything from Vienna Assistant. It starts the uninstall process, then hangs. I did a fresh install of Vienna Assistant as well, same results. It looks like it's the same problem as musicman691 described. 

From what I can see, Vienna Assistant hangs when trying to install to /Library/ folder, like the installer is waiting for permission to install to this folder or something.

Thanks for helping sorting this out. I'm sending an email to support just in case.

Stein Tore

@Paul said:

Hi guys, 

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi guys, 

Best, 
    Paul

Stein: Ran into the same problem you're having with uninstalling from Vienna Assistant. What I had to do was to uninstall each piece of software using the uninstaller that was installed when each program was installed. I have a support case in with VSL Support. The case number is 451526 - you may want to refer to that when writing to support.

I uninstalled everything except for Epic Orchestra. Got a fresh download of Vienna Assistant and proceeded through the install and it hung up and had to force quit. Had to manually install everything.

There's actually 2 places things get installed to. One is Library/VSL and the other is the Applications folder. I don't know if there's a prefs folder that gets stuff installed to. And I have OSX security set to install from anywhere so that's not the holdup.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

Please restart your Vienna Assistant, these bugs are now fixed with the new Vienna Assistant v 1.0.133!
    Find the changelog right here.

Best,
    Paul

• Working perfectly now.

Thanks Paul and the development team.

• Is it possible to move the installed players, VEPro, VEPro Server and ViPro programs to a sub-folder in OSX Applications? If I do that then Vienna Assistant doesn't see them and thinks they aren't installed. I'm trying to neaten up my Applications folder and have been able to do what I want with other programs.