Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,566 users have contributed to 42,308 threads and 255,101 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• I bought a new Mac Pro, installed all of my software (latest updates) and everything works like a dream....except the eLicenser. It's like a lottery....you win or your don't and you never know when. One day it works, the other it doesn't. 

To be honest: I'm sick of this. So I kicked all software that uses this system out of my templates and workflow. I simply don't use them anymore.

What a pity, but for professional work this is certainly no option. Much too unreliable.

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Situations like these are not comfortable, and luckily, they don't happen often (but they do appear with every kind of software protection). 

I have to say that I have never had this kind of issues with the online protection implemented by Apple. I might have to log in again from time to time, but it's just a matter of entering my password.

With times, things seem to have gone worse, since I never remember an issue with eMagic's Logic hardware key. I have used it for more years than I have the eLicenser, and i can't remember a single issue.

Please note: I'm not against the hardware key. I am against the incredibly low quality management software. I can no longer believe in problems in my Macs, since there are so many users with problems identical to mine, on different systems. And it si not a rare evenience, since it happens to me each two-three times I run something protected by the eLicenser (be it a VSL software or Dorico).

Maybe it is time to reconsider the provider of your protection solution.

Paolo

• It's a horrible... tool...
    I had to click OK a dozen times before having Synfire running.
    Please throw away the eLicenser.
    Really.

• last edited
    last edited

• Finally I was able to load all of the VSL plugin in Komplete Kontrol after performing a Plugin Rescan (Preferences > Plug-ins > Rescan), except the Synchron Player (the Synchron Player Surround will work, tho)

• With the last update of Synchron Player everything works fine in KK!

Thank you,
    Roberto

• Hi Roberto, 

Thanks for the thumbs-up!

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul! Thanks very much for your help on this.

I'm also having the same "synsopos.app" problem with my eLicenser on my new MacBookPro 2020 running Catalina.

I have three eLicensers, and they all work fine on my old computers which all run El Capitan (MBPro 2015, MBPro 2012 and Mini 2013).

But when I take those same eLicensers out of my old Macs and plug them into my new MBPro 2020, all my eLicensers work sporadically (for Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 standalone) or not at all (for VEPro 5 Server 64-bit).

I'm still hoping there's a workaround or patch so I can keep using VEPro 5.  Or do I have to upgrade to VEP 7?  Thanks in advance.  

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

Personally, I'd upgrade to VE Pro 7, VE Pro 5 was designed too long ago to work 100% efficiently with a new OS like Catalina.

I can provide you with a beta version of the eLCC to see if the elicenser troubles improve... please contact us via support@vsl.co.at if that's an option for you.

Best,
    Paul

• Thanks so much Paul!  I will upgrade to Version 7 this weekend. And thanks for the offer of the beta eLCC -- is that more recent than the version I downloaded (I'm on the most recent version on the eLicenser site, 6.11.10.2265)?

Cheers and stay safe! Best, L. 

• Hi L., 

You're welcome.

Yes, the beta version is a more recent version that we received from eLicenser directly to test under the circumstances you mentioned. 

Best, 
    Paul