Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,928 users have contributed to 42,264 threads and 254,951 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• All I hear about is Epic O 2.0.. not interested in that..What's new in VE Pro 7?

• I am also not interested in the orchestra, but I now see that the three licenses I have with VEP6 are gone and I have to pay 165 euros to upgrade?

• Yeah, 1 upgrade price of 75 for all 3 upgrade lisence from VE6Pro then I am in.

Thanjks

• I recently bought VEP 6 & Vienna Suite Pro... so not seeing any point in upgrading (tbh I probably wouldn't have bought them if I knew this was coming). I will probably skip this, certainly if you need to rebuy each license individually - that would just be insane. The only difference I can see between VEP6 & 7 is the integrated suite FX, so I'm not sure why users of both have to pay at all for this, unless there's some other serious features under the hood.

• Hi Pablo,

Check again; I have also upgraded and have my all three VE PRo 6 licenses in my elincenser !

• Hi Paul, looks like an interesting offer. I have a suggestion. For some of us (- who are hardcore-fans and collect your libraries like crazy -) the Epic Orchestra 2.0 is no real benefit. So, what about giving us the.Choice to give up Epic Orchestra 2.0 and instead receiving 3 license-upgrades instead of only one? That would be great and would definitely make more sense! Thanks. Best, Lars

• Hello, Although I appreciate all the work that’s gone into upgrading Epic Orchestra, is there an option to not install it with VEP7? I own most of your libraries so don’t really need EO2 and would rather save space on my SSD. Thank you.

• When released, VE PRO 6 promised

• >  New code base for about 70% less CPU usage for all internal Vienna Ensemble Pro calculations

• >  Rewritten user interface code resulting in 80% less CPU usage for graphics

• >  Improved multi-threading performance for increased plug-in hosting capacity

So how about the performance of VE PRO 7. Is it lighter or heavier than VE PRO 6?

• last edited
    last edited

@LAJ said:

So, what about giving us the.Choice to give up Epic Orchestra 2.0 and instead receiving 3 license-upgrades instead of only one? That would be great and would definitely make more sense!
    such an offer would make sense IMHO - never touched Epic Orchestra 1 - but would definitely want my 3 VEP licenses to stay at the same version. best

• last edited
    last edited

@steff3 said:

such an offer would make sense IMHO - never touched Epic Orchestra 1 - but would definitely want my 3 VEP licenses to stay at the same version.

I agree. I have no interest in EO2, either.

• Please treat us seriously and tell what is new in the VEP 7? Is there multi port for Logic?? Is there support for Native Instrument keyboards? Please tell us! I will spend my money and then I will know that you changed colours only and you want me to buy the Epic orchestra mostly.

• last edited
    last edited

@Adia said:

Please treat us seriously and tell what is new in the VEP 7?
    Is there support for Native Instrument keyboards?    

+1

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • last edited
    last edited

@Adia said:

Please treat us seriously and tell what is new in the VEP 7?

+1111

• last edited
    last edited

@LAJ said:

Hi Paul,

looks like an interesting offer.

I have a suggestion. For some of us (- who are hardcore-fans and collect your libraries like crazy -) the Epic Orchestra 2.0 is no real benefit.
    So, what about giving us the.Choice to give up Epic Orchestra 2.0 and instead receiving 3 license-upgrades instead of only one? That would be great and would definitely make more sense!

Thanks.

Best,
    Lars

+1. 
    Owning almost all VSL libraries EO2 is basically redundant!
    I'm though curious and excited to hear what might be new in VEP7.  

• last edited
    last edited

@pablo1980 said:

I am also not interested in the orchestra, but I now see that the three licenses I have with VEP6 are gone and I have to pay 165 euros to upgrade?

If this is the case I won't upgrade. This is a downgrade with a price tag.

You guys realy know how to turn off existing customers - especially after the Synchron Strings release desaster.

And as many mentioned: Epic orchestra is completely uninteresting for the majority of your customes since they own the sounds already or have bigger and better libraries.

• I do not need any license for the product that I am not going to use because I bought the Synchron Strings Pro. Not only you are giving out part of this to people (wanting me to pay twice for the part of Synchron Strings). Please give us an option to choose the second license upgrade for the second computer not just force us to upgrade the Orchestra.

• Yes, what about making an option of just VEP without the orchestra and the FX and keep the three licenses, with a lower update price.

I think the update was 75 euros from v5 to v6, now it goes to 165 for me, and adds sample content I will not download.

• Good Morning!

I have a question about VE Pro 7, can I buy the upgrade licenses right now? I currently have Pro 6. Also, assuming I can buy the upgrade licenses, will I also get the Epic Orchestra 2.0? I just checked out the demos and I really like what I hear.

Keep up the great work with the software and samples.

-W

• Hi,

will VE 7 support WIn 7 still?
    And I guess it will be VST3 also?

• last edited
    last edited

Hi everybody!

We are also excited about VE Pro 7, and we want to announce and highlight each feature properly in the next days.
    It will take some more time until we are ready for a release, but we are definitely getting close.

There is no pressure to purchase VE Pro 7 right away.
    Please don't forget: You didn't know about VE Pro 7 before yesterday evening... We're happy to hear that everybody is happy with VE Pro 6!

Here are a few answers to your questions regarding VE Pro 7:

1) License policy: We noticed that more and more VE Pro users don't use the network function, so we decided to make single licenses available optionally. Again, this is only optional and comes with some great advantages, e.g., if you need four licenses you no longer need to purchase two bundles of three licenses...

The first license will come with Epic Orchestra 2.0 and it will have a higher price tag than the additional licenses.

2) "Although I appreciate all the work that’s gone into upgrading Epic Orchestra, is there an option to not install it with VEP7?"

=> Sure, you don't have to install Epic Orchestra 2.0: You can also install only portions of the Epic Orchestra 2.0.

3) Now here is the deal with Epic Orchestra 2.0: This is simply a great opportunity to check out our Synchron Series. It's a free add-on to VE Pro 7 and it's very impressive. Check out those audio demos again. If you think you can't use such a library, this could be worth a second thought....

More details will be posted soon.

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL