Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,938 users have contributed to 42,265 threads and 254,952 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 8 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• Hi Paul,
    my current Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 license contains 3 single licenses. Do they stay with an upgrade to VEP 7 or do I have to buy 2 single licenses?

Best Rainer

• Hi, the new Ensemble release and accompanying library look really good.
    Is it possible to only download / install parts of the Epic Orchestra?
    My SSD is getting rather crowded, and there sounds I am very unlikely to use in the library.
    Best,

Rudi

• last edited
    last edited

@McArnes said:

Will VEP7 work as a multi-port plugin in Logic Pro X?

Same question ? 

It's a good time to give AU 3 support  !

Best

Cyril

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Truly - AU 3 was released how long ago, and there is no mention of this in VEP7? 

I don't need any more orchestra samples - I only want AU3 integration. I'm sure most LPX users would feel the same. 

Please, please, please make it so!

• last edited
    last edited

@concan said:

Hi Paul,
    my current Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 license contains 3 single licenses. Do they stay with an upgrade to VEP 7 or do I have to buy 2 single licenses?

Best Rainer

I'm wondering the same.... seems odd to suddenly take a bundle of and split them out into separate licenses?

• All I hear about is Epic O 2.0.. not interested in that..What's new in VE Pro 7?

• I am also not interested in the orchestra, but I now see that the three licenses I have with VEP6 are gone and I have to pay 165 euros to upgrade?

• Yeah, 1 upgrade price of 75 for all 3 upgrade lisence from VE6Pro then I am in.

Thanjks

• I recently bought VEP 6 & Vienna Suite Pro... so not seeing any point in upgrading (tbh I probably wouldn't have bought them if I knew this was coming). I will probably skip this, certainly if you need to rebuy each license individually - that would just be insane. The only difference I can see between VEP6 & 7 is the integrated suite FX, so I'm not sure why users of both have to pay at all for this, unless there's some other serious features under the hood.

• Hi Pablo,

Check again; I have also upgraded and have my all three VE PRo 6 licenses in my elincenser !

• Hi Paul, looks like an interesting offer. I have a suggestion. For some of us (- who are hardcore-fans and collect your libraries like crazy -) the Epic Orchestra 2.0 is no real benefit. So, what about giving us the.Choice to give up Epic Orchestra 2.0 and instead receiving 3 license-upgrades instead of only one? That would be great and would definitely make more sense! Thanks. Best, Lars

• Hello, Although I appreciate all the work that’s gone into upgrading Epic Orchestra, is there an option to not install it with VEP7? I own most of your libraries so don’t really need EO2 and would rather save space on my SSD. Thank you.

• When released, VE PRO 6 promised

• >  New code base for about 70% less CPU usage for all internal Vienna Ensemble Pro calculations

• >  Rewritten user interface code resulting in 80% less CPU usage for graphics

• >  Improved multi-threading performance for increased plug-in hosting capacity

So how about the performance of VE PRO 7. Is it lighter or heavier than VE PRO 6?

• last edited
    last edited

@LAJ said:

So, what about giving us the.Choice to give up Epic Orchestra 2.0 and instead receiving 3 license-upgrades instead of only one? That would be great and would definitely make more sense!
    such an offer would make sense IMHO - never touched Epic Orchestra 1 - but would definitely want my 3 VEP licenses to stay at the same version. best

• last edited
    last edited

@steff3 said:

such an offer would make sense IMHO - never touched Epic Orchestra 1 - but would definitely want my 3 VEP licenses to stay at the same version.

I agree. I have no interest in EO2, either.

• Please treat us seriously and tell what is new in the VEP 7? Is there multi port for Logic?? Is there support for Native Instrument keyboards? Please tell us! I will spend my money and then I will know that you changed colours only and you want me to buy the Epic orchestra mostly.

• last edited
    last edited

@Adia said:

Please treat us seriously and tell what is new in the VEP 7?
    Is there support for Native Instrument keyboards?    

+1

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • last edited
    last edited

@Adia said:

Please treat us seriously and tell what is new in the VEP 7?

+1111

• last edited
    last edited

@LAJ said:

Hi Paul,

looks like an interesting offer.

I have a suggestion. For some of us (- who are hardcore-fans and collect your libraries like crazy -) the Epic Orchestra 2.0 is no real benefit.
    So, what about giving us the.Choice to give up Epic Orchestra 2.0 and instead receiving 3 license-upgrades instead of only one? That would be great and would definitely make more sense!

Thanks.

Best,
    Lars

+1. 
    Owning almost all VSL libraries EO2 is basically redundant!
    I'm though curious and excited to hear what might be new in VEP7.  

• last edited
    last edited

@pablo1980 said:

I am also not interested in the orchestra, but I now see that the three licenses I have with VEP6 are gone and I have to pay 165 euros to upgrade?

If this is the case I won't upgrade. This is a downgrade with a price tag.

You guys realy know how to turn off existing customers - especially after the Synchron Strings release desaster.

And as many mentioned: Epic orchestra is completely uninteresting for the majority of your customes since they own the sounds already or have bigger and better libraries.