Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,294 users have contributed to 42,289 threads and 255,038 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• Is this ctrl+alt+w feature still available? I can't get it to work in VI Pro Standalone.

• Can somebody confirm if the "Ctrl+Alt+W" Shortcut is working in VIP? Thanks

• Hi, Can confirm its NOT working for me either which is a great pity as I've spent hours setting up a player 1 custom template for Dimension Strings and would like to use it to generate the other 7.

• Here on Mac, it works with alt-command-W.

• Tis working well with the new update. Thank You :-)

• Why is this replacement changing only the grace note patches? I've checked the patch names and the Flugelhorn has many other identically-named patches.

• Hi Talino, 

This is a hidden and unsupported developer tool, and one reason for this is that it doesn´t work 100% reliably with the thousands of patches that are available with all our products. 

So I´m afraid it is like it is.... we hope it´s still a great help. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • OK, no problem, although it would be really nice to have this quickly fixed and brought forward into the interface, it is a very helpful feature IMHO.

Thanks.

• Hi,

I can't make the Cmd-Alt-W feature work. I'm on a Mac, VIPRO 2.4.16799.

1) I open a preset, and press Cmd-Alt-W. The "Loaded Patches" dialog appears.

2) I type in the "Replace" field the starting prefix (for example, "VI-14_"), and in the "To" field the target one (for example, "VI_".

3) The "All matrices" option is selected. "Clear cells", "Keep labels" and "Search in prefix" are not selected.

4) After pressing OK, I end up with a long list of errors. For example: "To be replaced: 101. Errors: 31, Subst: 2".

5) When pressing OK in this list, I'm kept back to the "Loaded Patches" dialog, with some patches in bold face, but still the old patches and not the new ones.

I try to repeat the operation, but nothing is replaced.

What am I doing wrong? This is very important for me, because without this feature working, it would be impossibile to create my own presets.

Paolo

• Ok, maybe I've understood. The list ends with some hidden command, that pressing OK do not confirm, but aborts. By pressing the Right Arrow, then Ok, the replacement command is confirmed.

Paolo

• last edited
    last edited
    @Paul said:

Hi Talino,

This is a hidden and unsupported developer tool, and one reason for this is that it doesn´t work 100% reliably with the thousands of patches that are available with all our products.

So I´m afraid it is like it is.... we hope it´s still a great help.

Best,
    Paul

I love this feature. It's always worked great for me.
    But now I can't find it in the Silicon version. Has this been removed from there @Paul?

I found the other function called Matrix Automation, which is great for Dimension strings, but can't make it work for the choir for instance.

Thanks in advance.

(I'm on Sonoma 14.2.1 with the VIP v157)

• Just bumping this.
    I still miss this feature very much. Hope that someone has some insight how to use it again.

• Okay I just figured out it's still working in version 2.6.99 (which is not silicon native), but I can install that when making patches and then re-install the latest version (2.7.157) when writing music.

Not ideal but at least it's a workaround.