Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,804 users have contributed to 42,414 threads and 255,618 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 23 new post(s) and 43 new user(s).

• Ok the early bird has become the old bird, and the worm , where the hell is it!!!! LOL ! I am sooooo excited!!

• Paul, can you give us an update on how things stand? I don't expect the good folks at VSL to work through the Christmas days, so technically there are two weeks left for a december release.

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

With a Preload size of 8192 Samples, you will need around 10 GB of RAM for the FULL Libtrary / 1st Violins. 

With a Preload size of 8192 Samples, you will need around 5 GB of RAM for the FULL Libtrary / 1st Violins. 

So one mic = about 1.25 gigs. Hmm. One more question then - close mic. I'm not going to lie, I'm not a recording expert and I'm not sure if I understand what mono means there. Is this mic usable per se and can be compared to, for example, silent stage recordings?

• https://forum.vsl.co.at/topic/47817/Bought/266053

• I look forward to getting my copy!

• last edited
    last edited

I Bought mine now, Very excited about it! 😃

• After the two demos last week it has gone awfully quiet again. I'd appreciate a short update on how things are standing now. If you don't plan a release between Christmas and New Year it is only the next week left in December.

• I would bet, that the silence means that they cannot deliver the Player in the next 10 days. I worked 3 times with softwaredevelopers and learned that they never keep their promised deadlines. Never! Especially under this pressure. Let's see. I say we get the product - last minute - but only the vienna instrument version ... :) I would be fine with that, cause I'm realistic and I know that situation.

• last edited
    last edited

I assume this is just the risk of Early Announcements and Early Bird Offers. The chance that something unexpected coming up is too big (especially when new player + new library comes together)

However I am convinced that it will be worth waiting for! (But if we get Taiko Drums as compensation I would not complain 😉)

Gabriel

P.S.: I used to be software developer, and sometimes kept my time estimations.

• last edited
    last edited

@gabriel81 said:

I assume this is just the risk of Early Announcements and Early Bird Offers. The chance that something unexpected coming up is too big (especially when new player + new library comes together)

However I am convinced that it will be worth waiting for! (But if we get Taiko Drums as compensation I would not complain 😉)

Gabriel

P.S.: I used to be software developer, and sometimes kept my time estimations.

• Any news on the progress? Eight working days left in December. I don't mind the delay, but communication could definitely be improved.

• Anybody else feels like a small kid eagerly waiting for christmas to come?

• last edited
    last edited

It seems more like "Nightmare Before Christmas" in Vienna to me ... 😊

•  

Hello Yilalatavsl,

good that you take care of the (very) secret list! Please Update a "some new voices-product" for 01th of Sept. 2018

Psssssssst ... do it quiet and inconspicicuous ...

Best,

L??s (aka L?J)

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

I simply HAD to make a Sneak Peek Video when I had the complete Synchron Cellos in my hands... Hope you like it!

Our newsletter will be on its way to you soon, with more details about the upcoming release! And of course there will be more videos as well.

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  •  

Thank you Paul for the walkthrough !

The quailty is Stellar !

• I'm very glad to

• last edited
    last edited

A Wurli and a Korg Vocoder?! Oh Paul, what have you done in the 80ties 😛

Cresc + Dim Velocity (Duration) Crossfade sounds interesting.

It seems in general that VSL have done now several things for the user, what he theoretically already has been able to before, while it was for many users presumably more tedious to programm the presets in that way than just to make use of the VSL-Presets or load only those patches which are acttually needed. However the organizing Ideas behind still seem to me always musical reasonable. (Even the "changing bowposition"-X-Fade while to be consequent this would need sulponticello patches to - BTW would it be possible to crossfade more than two patches?)

Still I am pretty curious for the Synchron-Player.

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

I simply HAD to make a Sneak Peek Video when I had the complete Synchron Cellos in my hands... Hope you like it!

Our newsletter will be on its way to you soon, with more details about the upcoming release! And of course there will be more videos as well.  

Best, 
    Paul

Very well done. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I think so that replacment of portamento with slurred legato is not a good idea. Although most legato technique is required for slurred performance, but no body will be satisfied with slurred legato without any portamento technique..!

Aftermore, I think that at this point a few articulations are missing such as espressivo legato, staccato, marcato and spiccato exposed as well as sul-pont. and sul-tasto..!!!

• Easily the best legato I've ever heard from a string sample library.