Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,614 users have contributed to 42,397 threads and 255,540 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 42 new user(s).

• "Well, I have to articulate my extreme discontent and rage for the bad news!" - I am Really pissed-off! sorry, but for these news a simple apology is not enough! - Vienna-j

This is hilarious.  

• Thank you for the update Paul. It is a bit unfortunate, but it can happen. I hope the Early Bird gets prolonged until some demos are out.

• Since this product has been delayed and is being released in sections, will it be possible to buy each section separately? At least I could afford it as I think this would be very helpful to me.

• At the end of the clip, I had heard some loops on one section (may be celli section) at 0:30 and 0:32 , so it is , may  be, possible that something went wrong ...

• @ProArte Good to read that this sounds strange for you too. But that could be a mistake by the Producer of the demo; instead of a general issue.

• last edited
    last edited

@Mobius said:

β€œRage”? Really? Something’s definitely not right with your perspective if a product delay causes rage. Annoyance perhaps, but rage? Sorry, but your post reads as either extreme over-reaction or sarcasm.

CLEARLY, we all love VSL's fine work so much that we get extremely passionate about it. That must be it.

Speaking of being extremely passionate about VSL...

We just had our first child 2 weeks ago, a girl we named Vienna. Someone just asked me "you seriously didn't name your daughter after a sample library did you?" Of course I didn't....... πŸ˜• but this does at least say that I do mention VSL enough to elicit that question being asked.

Sorry for getting a bit off topic. I just thought I'd lighten the mood a bit. πŸ˜›

-Sean

Thanks, also for understanding the nature/origin of my post. Also congratulations, very much

It seems like some people (according to their reactions) misred my previous - admittetly a little bit exaggerated - post, as the intend and main concern was Not the incoming delay, but the news about Synchron Strings now beeing released in pieces. Especially what a previous poster said about a previously released product (Dimensions - last bits 2 years later) somehow fueled my post. I didnt know about that happening and hope that will not be the case (again). 

• last edited
    last edited

@plowman said:

I'm only guessing here, but Synchron may be able to vary short sounds dynamically, depeding on how they're played -- or at least switch from short to long as the MIDI note and CC's dictate. Consider this from the announcement:

How? 😊 With 50 ms of delay, maybe. How could it othersie foresee you will release the key quickly (staccato).
    The only solution is to layer staccato notes and long notes on the same patch, and use the staccato as the attack of the long note. Personally, I hope it isn't like that 😊

• last edited
    last edited

Vienna-J & LAJ,

Thanks to both! We're happy and sleep deprived! And I could probably name a son Dietz. I could train him to be a sleeper agent so he could someday infultrate VSL to get the source code for MIR. It'd be worth it.

I'd understand concerns about delay and the segmented release schedule. To be fair, I've seen the same thing before with every leading orchestral library out there. Most just keep a lid on it until release day. I actually prefer getting things in parts cause it forces me to get to know the instrument before I commit to a template. It usually helps a ton when come time to build a template. But I can absolutely relate to the sense of urgency in your post. I'm sure we all know it's best not to hang a job on a new product. But sometimes it's not avoidable either, especially when you don't have a lengthly list of orchestral samples to already work with. Been there done that.

The only thing I disagree with you on is "a little big exaggerated". Come on now, just admit it. You were a raging madman! πŸ˜‡ 5-6 years ago I flamed in forums constantly (my excuse was a very broken childhood). All the craziness aside, I think every last one of us can at least agree on one thing ---> we either get demos soon, or we should threaten to flood the General board with seriously wonky VSL mp3 demos using our existing instruments! I'd be down with experimenting with VI-Pro's feature and an LFO on just about every CC-assignable feature to make some unnatural cello magic happen. It could get ugly.

One thing that's irking me about this release. The more I sit here and think "gee, I wonder how much I'm going to be flipping out over this soon..." my thoughts keep turning to extreme impatience. Not for demos. No. I'm getting impatient for Synchron Brass already. My SE+ tuba has served me well. But I so desparately want a new one.

-Sean

• "It seems like some people (according to their reactions) misred my previous - admittetly a little bit exaggerated - post"  -vienna-j

vienna-j :

Oh really?  I didn't "misred" anything you wrote. 

btw - learn a little something about spelling and writing in the English language - let alone music - before you lecture people - and composers - who speak English. 

• My sincere expectation is that Syncron Strings will come out as a full string section in December, because my expectation is high for VSL, both in quality and customer service. 

-Adrian

• last edited
    last edited

@William said:

"It seems like some people (according to their reactions) misred my previous - admittetly a little bit exaggerated - post"  -vienna-j

vienna-j :

Oh really?  I didn't "misred" anything you wrote. 

btw - learn a little something about spelling and writing in the English language - let alone music - before you lecture people - and composers - who speak English. 

Vienna-j, please continue posting. Not all users will try and belittle you like this.

• I haven't bought Synchron Strings yet, but I can't wait for the video. Paul's tutorial convinced me I had to have Dimensions Strings. I think eight velocity layers will be interesting.

• Hi,

will the early bird offer be extended as there are no demos of the library yet? I'm very interested, but I really want to know what this sounds like first. 

• Wow, all the overreaction in this thread.  If you're that upset by it, return it.  Get a refund.  Move on.  And maybe this will be a good moment of learning about what early birds and early releases really mean in the world of tech.  They're a risky gamble.  Now you know, and you can be better informed in the future.

• last edited
    last edited

@Casiquire said:

Wow, all the overreaction in this thread.  If you're that upset by it, return it.  Get a refund.  Move on.  And maybe this will be a good moment of learning about what early birds and early releases really mean in the world of tech.  They're a risky gamble.  Now you know, and you can be better informed in the future.

Exactly. It is a sample library, not a cure for cancer. Knowing VSL, it will be a very good one but when it comes out, it will not change your life in any meaningful way, and if you think it does, you need to re-examine your priorities.

And if it never came out, you still should be able to make quality music with the many you probably already have.

Worry more about getting better with using what you have and less about timetables and details about upcoming libraries is my advice, which of course, everyone is free to disregard 😊

• Hello, Do you have any ideas when you will launch the new synchron strings 1 product. I ordered since around one month and I have no news, except your last Email where you said that it would be launch end of november ... Unfortunatly we will be in decembrer tomorrow ... Thank you for your understanding Best regards

• last edited
    last edited

@Casiquire said:

Wow, all the overreaction in this thread.  If you're that upset by it, return it.  Get a refund.  Move on.  And maybe this will be a good moment of learning about what early birds and early releases really mean in the world of tech.  They're a risky gamble.  Now you know, and you can be better informed in the future.

I will rather not buy this until I can hear more of it.

How many times do you buy new jeans that you couldn't see or try yet, just heard they are going to be great? 

Relax a little, it's not good for your heart to get so upset by other's posts 😊

• DEMOS ARE UP!!!

I am of course messing with everyone. The tension is unfortunately still very high with impatience and boiling brains. Perhaps Synchron actually is a cure for cancer. I'd believe it. We can all choose to encourage instead of insult. Rudeness is a cycle only broken by choosing to be better to others even (and especially) if they choose to be worse in return. Otherwise, who among us "would not be the sufferer"? Please forgive the sermon. Maybe we can all act like adults and talk about Synchron instead.

Speaking of samples... What I'm most interested in so far.

• Long Notes - Lyrical. Yes, yes, and yes.
    • Regular, slurred, and fast legato - More yesness.
    • Releases damped & ringing - Wanted this for years in a string library. Very excited!
    • 80 wonderful variations per key.
    • Short notes? It's not Staccato & Spiccato now. Is it adaptive or something?

I hope the video demonstrates the short note versitility as I'm rarely content with short notes in any library out there. Kontakt's TS-Pro algorithm is the closest I've come to being satisfied and I'm not really that satisfied with it. So any examples would be appreciated.

-Sean

• Well, it looks like it's happening to everyone. East West's Hollywood Choirs is also delayed.

• Yes. This seems to become a "Release-head to head - race" between EW & VSL with two complete different products :D