Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,934 users have contributed to 42,264 threads and 254,951 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@twistiejoe said:

I tried a SATA III card but it runs on PCIe and that is not supported on a Mac 1,1 - I tried it and had to return it 😞

They might have still some stock of an older Raid card that will suit your MAC 1,1, just check with them 😊

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • last edited
    last edited

@twistiejoe said:

Guys I seem to MAINLY be having problem with East West Hollywood Winds. Do they just take up LOADS of ram or sometihng???

I was one of the 1st client of QLSO, I have moved to VSL

And now I am a happy user

NO COMMENTS

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • I will try HPTMac and see what they say.

In the meantime, here is an active thread with some MacPro 1,1 owners talking about the firmware->2,1 hack, 10.8 terminal hack, upgraded processors and upgraded SSDs. That thread, like others, does get a bit derailed by MP 4,1 and 5,1 owners talking about their great SSD set ups - which do not take into account the PCIe1 limitations of the MP1,1 and 2,1.

I would love an easy explanation of the options for MacPro1,1 owners for SSDs and their connectivity. In the meantime I have just stuck EVO850s on Icy Docks in the drive bays but they are scoring 170 :(

• Okay guys so thanks for your help ...

I'm a little unsure of what to do ... been trying to preserve ram or whatever

I suppose in the end I just need to upgrate my computer???

• And can anyone explain the whole "saving" thing

The VE Pro session often takes a moment to save itself

and it makes my main machine freeze for a second.

Is that SIMPLY because the machine is too slow?

Thanks!

• to save itself? I don't know of any autosave if that's what you're referring to.

I save metaframes and viframes during playback all the time with absolutely no issues.
    For what I do, your machine is considerably underspecced tbh.

I don't have any SSD, btw.

• It's only happening for me????
    A big blue banner pops up randomly and says "Saving" for a minute and it freezes everything for a while until it's finished! 

No one else deals with this????

• what are your computer specs???? Seriouly I can't believe you don't have this problem but I do! :/

• My computer is pretty much in my sig. It's six years old now. I have four internal HDD, the old 7200rpm spinner in addition to that.

No, I never heard of it. There was a feature request for auto-save a few weeks ago here. EDIT: I'm pretty sure there is no auto-save function in VE Pro.

You're saying you have not instigated a save and you get a pop-up 'saving'. No kidding, that's bizarre.

• Ah of course - in your sig - why I not see that lol.

Yeah it is really strange!

In any case your computer is much better than mine. I suppose I'll have to exchange it :( N