Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,947 users have contributed to 42,267 threads and 254,957 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• I tried a SATA III card but it runs on PCIe and that is not supported on a Mac 1,1 - I tried it and had to return it :(

• Guys I seem to MAINLY be having problem with East West Hollywood Winds. Do they just take up LOADS of ram or sometihng???

The biggest problem is when VE Pro does that thing where it SAVES the project - and that causes my main machine to freeze for a second - it's really annoying. IT happens when I'm recording - so annoying

Anything that can be done about it?

Or is it just because the computer and OS is too slow?

THANKS!

• last edited
    last edited

@twistiejoe said:

I tried a SATA III card but it runs on PCIe and that is not supported on a Mac 1,1 - I tried it and had to return it 😞

They might have still some stock of an older Raid card that will suit your MAC 1,1, just check with them 😊

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • last edited
    last edited

@twistiejoe said:

Guys I seem to MAINLY be having problem with East West Hollywood Winds. Do they just take up LOADS of ram or sometihng???

I was one of the 1st client of QLSO, I have moved to VSL

And now I am a happy user

NO COMMENTS

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • I will try HPTMac and see what they say.

In the meantime, here is an active thread with some MacPro 1,1 owners talking about the firmware->2,1 hack, 10.8 terminal hack, upgraded processors and upgraded SSDs. That thread, like others, does get a bit derailed by MP 4,1 and 5,1 owners talking about their great SSD set ups - which do not take into account the PCIe1 limitations of the MP1,1 and 2,1.

I would love an easy explanation of the options for MacPro1,1 owners for SSDs and their connectivity. In the meantime I have just stuck EVO850s on Icy Docks in the drive bays but they are scoring 170 :(

• Okay guys so thanks for your help ...

I'm a little unsure of what to do ... been trying to preserve ram or whatever

I suppose in the end I just need to upgrate my computer???

• And can anyone explain the whole "saving" thing

The VE Pro session often takes a moment to save itself

and it makes my main machine freeze for a second.

Is that SIMPLY because the machine is too slow?

Thanks!

• to save itself? I don't know of any autosave if that's what you're referring to.

I save metaframes and viframes during playback all the time with absolutely no issues.
    For what I do, your machine is considerably underspecced tbh.

I don't have any SSD, btw.

• It's only happening for me????
    A big blue banner pops up randomly and says "Saving" for a minute and it freezes everything for a while until it's finished! 

No one else deals with this????

• what are your computer specs???? Seriouly I can't believe you don't have this problem but I do! :/

• My computer is pretty much in my sig. It's six years old now. I have four internal HDD, the old 7200rpm spinner in addition to that.

No, I never heard of it. There was a feature request for auto-save a few weeks ago here. EDIT: I'm pretty sure there is no auto-save function in VE Pro.

You're saying you have not instigated a save and you get a pop-up 'saving'. No kidding, that's bizarre.

• Ah of course - in your sig - why I not see that lol.

Yeah it is really strange!

In any case your computer is much better than mine. I suppose I'll have to exchange it :( N