Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,405 users have contributed to 42,297 threads and 255,068 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• excellent!  But on another note I am having problems with channel presets and Kontakt 5 in this latest build of VEP.  So my dream is not quite realized yet ☺  I know it has been said that there is some funny stuff going on with Kontakt on how it handles loading, but everything was working great before the latest VEP5 build.  Any thoughts here?

Thanks

• Hi studioj, 

Would you like to elaborate what exactly "having problems" means, so that we can investigate/reproduce?

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Sure, I have some details in this thread:

http://community.vsl.co.at/forums/t/31123.aspx

Basically since installing the latest VEP5 build, when I attempt to load a VEP preset that contains Kontakt 5, Kontakt opens a window and says "Creating Cache File... Please Wait".   and does not respond.  Again, I did not see this behavior with the previous build.  I hadn't touched the version of Kontakt since these last two VEP builds.  Just recently I did update Kontakt 5 hoping it would be resolved, but the behavior remained.   Someone said that possbily throwing the DAW into play would unhang kontakt, but that doesn't seem to work for me.  Thanks for looking into it!

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

Within VE Pro 5, you can make Instrument tracks active or inactive (no processing happening at all) on behalf of the "On" button in the Channels List.

I tried this the other day, since I had never used them before, and turned all the tracks in 1 instance OFF.  Indeed the usage went to 0.  But, my master, Protools v8 (G5 PPC), crashed -- well, froze - nothing would work.  When I tried force quitting the computer crashed outright.  When I turned the channels back on, the useage meters just had '--' and didn't seem to be working...   Don't think I'll try that again!  

Anyway, my question is:  Should turning off all the channels in an active instance cause a crash?

Best,

Greg

• last edited
    last edited

@wgturner said:

Anyway, my question is:  Should turning off all the channels in an active instance cause a crash?

No, of course not. Sorry to hear that - I've never seen this happening before. Please send a short description of this issue (including your system specs and all involved applications) to .

Thanks in advance,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hi Greg,

you should have received the confirmation by now that this issue is looked at already. Thanks for reporting.

Kind regards,

• "Within VE Pro 5, you can make Instrument tracks active or inactive (no processing happening at all) on behalf of the "On" button in the Channels List".

Would Dietz very kindly describe where I can find the "On" button mentioned above, or indeed, where I would find the "channels list". I've searched everywhere, and read the manual from front to back, looking for a clue, but without success !

Sorry to be asking what I'm sure must be obvious to everyone else..........  It does sound a useful feature.

Kind regards,

• it is on the left corner of the horizontal faders

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • last edited
    last edited

@cefnfaes said:

"Within VE Pro 5, you can make Instrument tracks active or inactive (no processing happening at all) on behalf of the "On" button in the Channels List".

Would Dietz very kindly describe where I can find the "On" button mentioned above, or indeed, where I would find the "channels list". I've searched everywhere, and read the manual from front to back, looking for a clue, but without success !

Sorry to be asking what I'm sure must be obvious to everyone else..........  It does sound a useful feature.

Kind regards,

Hi,

VE Pro's and MIR Pro's basic GUI elements are explained in MIR Pro's preliminary manual. The detailed discussion of the Channels List window and its functions starts on p. 28.

(... its predecessor was called "Instrument List" in legacy Vienna MIR - just in case someone gets confused by the different nomenclature.)

HTH,

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

Hi Greg,

you should have received the confirmation by now that this issue is looked at already. Thanks for reporting.

Yes, Thanks!

Best,

Greg

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

Within VE Pro 5, you can make Instrument tracks active or inactive (no processing happening at all) on behalf of the "On" button in the Channels List.

This doesn't seem to unload the samples? The ability to disable cells in VIP is great, but it would be even better if one could unload the sample content of other channels (Kontakt/Play etc)

• Thank you, Cyril.

Now I'm wondering how on Earth I didn't see it !!

• what would be great is an option where if the track is OFF the track does not display in the vertical mixer

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic