Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,678 users have contributed to 42,622 threads and 256,578 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 29 new post(s) and 44 new user(s).

•  Hmmm. I tried to d/l the file, but got this error message:

Etat de l'émission de INCONNU
    Session inexistante.

• Probably my mistake ! Sorry !

I think the right address is : dl.free.fr/iD1dPXPf7

•  OK, I can get the page now, but my French isn't good enough to see how to download your file. Sorry. [:$]

DG

• ? When I enter dl.free.fr/iD1dPXPf7 as an Internet address, the download box opens automatically, giving the choice of reading the file or downloading it.

•  It works now. However, I have to do a right click on a link that I don't know what it means. [;)]

It's also the slowest d/l I've ever seen (including dial-up) so it may take a while...................

DG

•  OK, first two thoughts:

1. There are gaps between some of the notes, which means you aren't playing legato.
    2. I hear no expression in the sound, so even if you have velocity xFade enabled, you aren't using a continuous controller to make your line expressive.

DG

• I got it ! It's because you use IE9, not Firefox...
    I thought the only usefulness of IE was to get Firefox (old joke)
    Anyway, "the slowest dl"... well.. I live in a poor country, you know..

• You're right, it is one of the tests I choose a bit too quickly to upload : not my best legato playing.
    I have more tests, more legatos, some with Expression (CC11), some with VelXfade or others.True that I am a bit confused between CC11 and VelXfade.I have to sort out all this stuff.
    I will come back asap with different files, and you may tell me more.
    After all, I may be not compatible with VI (I think I gonna keep this one as a quote [:)])

• You can do without Expression. You can't do without velocity xFade. I would suggest for these test you upload mp3 rather than wav and with minimum reverb, to make it easier to hear what's going on. It also might be worth uploading a MIDI file of your performance, so that we can see what's going on.

DG

• Dear DG

A series of files. It's a .rar (2Mo) : dl.free.fr/bxo9OHQh7

Thanks

• I'll try to have a look at this tomorrow, but may not have time until later in the week, as I have a very busy mix schedule. Hopefully someone else will have time before then.

OK, I couldn't' resist having a little play with your MIDI file. If you PM me your email address, I'll send you the new file, to see what you think.

DG