Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,128 users have contributed to 42,275 threads and 254,984 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 41 new user(s).

• Hi spwwuk,

sorry to hear about your troubles. Did you try to open PLAY in a 32-bit instance of VE PRO?

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi paul I'm running a 64bit system. Will the 32bit version of VEP install? Cheers S

• Why are you running 32-bit VEP? You should be running the 64-bit version so Play can run as 64-bit, not much point in having 12Gb RAM if you are in 32-bit mode. You can run the 32-bit VEP server, so that 32-bit programs (like Sibelius) can access the 64-bit plug ins.

Your problem is likely to be to do with 32-bit vs 64-bit  mix up

• I am running 64bit VEP on my 64bit system - that is why I set this PC up to run W7 64bit. Play is 64bit compatible and certainly runs in standalone mode that way, just not as a plugin in VEP. I think the problem lies in the Play install but I can't find that out (probably) without diving into the registry - and then I'd have to know exactly what I was looking for.

• Hi,

AKAIK, PLAY works fine as a 64-bit plug-in on Windows 7 64 bit, at least we have not heard of any troubles in the last months.

Please make sure that you´re using the latest versions of all software!

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Post if you have trouble with Play. I beta allot of software and own all the Vienna suite software. If I can re-create the problem i will bug it and get it fixed. Software guys want everyone to work together without tape-ing aspirin all over the screen. Kind Regards, B

• Make sure to have the latest Syncrosoft and iLok drivers installed too.

I am having no problem loading Play into 32-bit VE Pro on a Mac (I know that may not help much but it's something.)

• Thanks for the replies, people. I'm running the latest versions of all applications concerned - including eLicenser & iLok software Neither 64bit nor 32bit versions of VEP will load into Play. Play Standalone works fine. My Kontakt 4 loads into VEP fine in both standalone and server mode. I'm afraid I'm still clueless as to what's causing this!

• At this point I would say this is a Play/EastWest issue because very few - if any - other people are having problems. Have you raised this issue with tech support over there?

• Absolutely. Before I posted here. EW support is taking somewhat longer to reply than contributors here. Currently still waiting.................

• Finally got it sorted with this piece of advice from EW Techsupport: When you open Play in Standalone mode, go to Settings >Other and check to see what library is showing in Play Interface. Make sure that the first library selected there is a library that you own. If it is one that you don't have, it will give that same error message when you try to open it as the vst.

• For future issues with VE Pro and Logic, you can write jasher@eastwestsounds.com. Jay is a Certified Level 2 Logic trainer who now does this kind of troubleshooting separate from tech support.

• Thanks but I should have mentioned: I use Pro Tools HD, not Logic. I'm sure this bit of info will help someone though.