Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,303 users have contributed to 42,291 threads and 255,041 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hello mohurwitzmusic,

As you assumed: Yes, you will get 1 Extended Library of your choice for free, if you purchase the Appassionata Strings Bundle. This way you save double: The bundle price AND the free Extended Library.

Fiery Angel: I have checked your account, and you have not registered your Brass II yet - please contact right after registration and we´ll get you the free Extended Library!

Best,

Paul

Thanks Paul.  I still haven't received it as of yet.  I'll call the store that I ordered it from.  They deal with Ilio.  I'm so excited about having both Standard and Extended BRASS II for good. I know we all get temp licences for the extended instruments when we buy a DVD library but having it permanently is great! [H]

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Mike,

You're right, you need to have one DVD Standard Library registered to take part in the free Extended Library offer (offer #1). More information (with more details and examples) on our holiday offer is available here.

Yann: Thanks for letting us know. I'll contact these two vendors to make this clear to them.

Best,

Stefan

• so, how about the larger collections?  For example, If I purchased the Complete Strings, or Cube, or the largest collection, would I get the Extended for free in that case?  Hope so!

Thanks

• Hello dayadon,

you already have a DVD Standard Library, so you will always get 1 free Extended Library for a VI Collection of your choice, no matter if you buy "just" one VI Collection or more.

Please bear in mind that if you purchase a bundle like Strings Complete, you also get a huge bundle discount!

If you have more detailed questions or need advice for your purchase, you can always contact us at .

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hello,

so if I buy the Orchestral complete-Bundle  I will the extended version for free?

(hope this question wasn´t answered alread)

thanks

Alfred

• Hello Alfred,

as explained in the mail before: If you purchase any VI Collection Standard Library and already have a registered VI Collection, you will get one (1) Extended Library of your choice.

If you purchase a bundle, this doesn´t include ALL Extended Libraries of the bundle, but "only" 1 Extended Library.

Best,

Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hello mohurwitzmusic,

As you assumed: Yes, you will get 1 Extended Library of your choice for free, if you purchase the Appassionata Strings Bundle. This way you save double: The bundle price AND the free Extended Library.

Fiery Angel: I have checked your account, and you have not registered your Brass II yet - please contact right after registration and we´ll get you the free Extended Library!

Best,

Paul

Paul, what is the turn-around time on this deal once we contact the above email address BTW?  I registered yesterday and sent a corresponding email shortly after.

Sorry for my impatience. [:$]

• Hi David,

just sent your Extended Library Certificate. We´re working around the clock, and our goal is to answer each request within 24 hours maximum.

Gets a bit harder at X-mas time.

Enjoy your free Extended Library,

Paul

• Thanks Paul!  Received and registered.  I feel a little bad about asking so soon....You guys must be working around the clock.  I got your email at 7:30pm my time which puts you at???? 

• Another 30% off for students coming up I hope?

• Hi Jammusique,

At this point we don't know if (and/or when) we're going to have a student offer again, I'm afraid.

Best,

Stefan

• May I just suggest then a 30% off for everybody. That’ll cover me!

[ip]

•  If I have understood well:

If I order percussion complete I have only percussion extended or Elements extended for free, not both?

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Sergino,

That's correct. The free Extended Library offer is limited to one free Extended Library of one DVD Collection per user, as described here. Percussion Complete consists of two DVD Collections, and you'll have to choose which Extended Library you'd like to get for free - Percussion or Elements.

Best,

Stefan

•  VSL Team,

Please help me understand what my authorized dealer should be doing for me. Let me say I want to take the combination offer of #1 and #2.  I order the following four products:

1.  Orchestral Strings 1 & 2 Standard Libraries

2.  Chamber Strings 1 & 2 Standard Libraries

Now, Is my dealer (Sweetwater in the USA) authorized at that moment to instantly give me the 23% discount off the entire purchase so that I don't actually pay the full price and get a re-imbursement later?  Or does the dealer have to go through a big process to make this happen and the burden falls on them to deal with you or Ilio?

After the completion of my purchasing from them the 4 libraries I then contact sales at VSL to get my free ONE extended library correct?

Thanks!

Maestro2be

• Same sort of question I am afraid, but before making a purchase I want to be absolutely sure I understand correctly.

I have the Special Edition (standard and extended) and I also have the complete legacy Vienna Symphonic Library. If I buy the Special Edition Plus Standard I can get the Special Edition Plus Extended for free?

Thanks for confirming, cheers, Bob.

• I don´t see a problem with that.

No.1 you got 4 standard libraries and Sweetwater is listed as an authourized dealer.  -> "Go" for immediate 23% reduction and of course the free extended edition.

No2. You already own one library and want to buy another one -> "Go" as long as it is not a library in the group of excluded smaller and cheaper instruments.

Should work.

Best Service deducted the price reduction directly. Don´t know how Sweetwater handles it, just ask them directly, but I´m sure that they will find a way.

For the free extended library keep in mind the registration deadline of mid January.

If you want to make 100% sure, drop a mail to the Vienna support directly, but I think the holiday offer is pretty clear in that case.

• cgernaey, I also bought four standard libraries through Sweetwater.  The one thing Sweetwater had to do with my order was confirm it first with VSL before the 23% discount, and the order, became official.  That did take a couple extra days, given the time difference between Central USA and Austria.  When I emailed VSL with my free library request, they responded very promptly.

Just to make sure, you do realize on anything that is available as a bundle, the discount offer is based on the standard individual library price, not the bundle price?  The offer does not allow 23% off of a bundle price.  Buying those four libraries on an individual basis, as you described it, should be fine.

• Oh yes, you´re right.

Of course you can´t save twice. Bundle Reduction + additionall 23% off wouldn´t work. But since the bundles are already discounted, saving is guaranteed with either method. I didn´t get out the calculator, maybe it is exact the factor of 1.23......

If it is so complicated with Sweetwater, I would just buy here on the website, since time is running away now.

• last edited
    last edited

Seems like the holiday offer is a little bit more attractive than the bundle discount :

In the VSL webshop the 23% reduction seems to work, when you take the libraries as separate items :

1 1 Orchestral Strings I Standard Library € 425.00 € 0.00 € 425.00
    2 1 Orchestral Strings II Standard Library € 395.00 € 0.00 € 395.00
    3 1 Solo Strings I Standard Library € 325.00 € 0.00 € 325.00
    4 1 Solo Strings II Standard Library € 295.00 € 0.00 € 295.00

Total € 1,440.00
    Discount on Custom Standard Library Bundle € 331.20
    Discounted Total € 1,108.80